Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: per mlbtraderumors.com.. a HUGE trade rumor about A-Rod, Ramirez of the Cubs!!

per mlbtraderumors.com.. a HUGE trade rumor about A-Rod, Ramirez of the Cubs!!

per mlbtraderumours.com

"Now There's A Trade Rumor
    This is a hell of a trade rumor, and it'd be wrong not to pass it along. According to the blog Bleed Cubbie Blue:

"The Cubs are reportedly "in discussions" with the Yankees for a deal in which the principals would be Aramis Ramirez...and Alex Rodriguez...This deal, if it happens, might also include Jacque Jones, and other lesser players including prospects on both sides.

This same source told me that the White Sox are "close" to acquiring Andruw Jones from the Braves; the price would be Brian Anderson and young pitching. That deal would also make sense for both sides.

If the A-Rod to the Cubs deal happens, also expect Todd Walker to be moved (maybe to the Tigers), and at that point A-Rod moves back to SS, Ronny Cedeno to 2B, and the Cubs get a placeholder 3B until they can either sign one or trade for one in the offseason."

Just to reiterate, all of the above comes courtesy of Bleed Cubbie Blue. My own personal feeling is that the rumor did indeed originate from a legitimate source. Now let's take a closer look.

As you may know, A-Rod's contract deserves a webpage unto itself. As far as I can tell, the Yankees, or any other team, would owe him $16MM annually through 2010. Based on projections, that's pretty close to fair value.

Aramis Ramirez was given the unfortunate ability to opt out of his current deal and become a free agent after this season. Even if 2006 is an off-year, I think he could top the three years, $33.5MM he's owed in the deal. 1060west sums it up: Ramirez will probably test the market given the weak class at the position.

As for the other rumor - Jones would certainly be a sweet pickup for the White Sox. Brian Anderson has been terrible this year, but he was the organization's best prospect entering the 2005 season according to Baseball America. The Sox have some decent if not spectacular pitching prospects, so this one isn't out of the realm of possibility. Plus, there's always Brandon McCarthy.

It will be interesting to see if this one picks up enough steam to catch the eye of the Chicago print media. They will undoubtedly dismiss it as an Internet rumor and not credit BCB as the source.

Posted on July 03, 2006 at 01:37 AM in Alex Rodriguez, Aramis Ramirez, Chicago Cubs, New York Yankees | Permalink | Comments (3) | TrackBack (0)
    "

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: per mlbtraderumors.com.. a HUGE trade rumor about A-Rod, Ramirez of the Cubs!!

ain't happenin'.

The Yankees aren't trading A-Rod for anyone.

Poor Cubs, they have to make things up. I heard this several days ago and it's nothing but some Cub fan hoping to get A-Rod.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Re: per mlbtraderumors.com.. a HUGE trade rumor about A-Rod, Ramirez of the Cubs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    ain't happenin'.

Poor Cubs, they have to make things up. I heard this several days ago and it's nothing but some Cub fan hoping to get A-Rod.
    Lets start with Carlos Zambrano, then work our way up.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    ain't happenin'.

I think A-Rod just bought himself another month with the team with his performance last night. 2 HR's, 7 RBIs.. GrandSlam to take the lead and a 3 run shot to insure a win. They should DFA Jaret Wright.. He is awful! Bullpen competition for Stormy?

the name of the URL says it all.......

trade RUMORS

I would be offering CHW Jr for Anderson and young pitching. If the deal went through, I'd send Anderson down for a little more seasoning and start Freel or Denoforia in CF every day till Anderson is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445
    Cubs get a placeholder 3B until they can either sign one or trade for one in the offseason."
    Paging Rich Aurilia

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut
    I would be offering CHW Jr for Anderson and young pitching. If the deal went through, I'd send Anderson down for a little more seasoning and start Freel or Denoforia in CF every day till Anderson is ready.
    Would Jr accept a trade to the ChiSox? He's also having a hell of a year offensively, and the Reds are in the hunt. He has 10/5 rights. He wanted a shot in Cincy, and he may very well finally have it this year. I think he might veto a deal. Now if we were as bad as we were last year, then I could see him waiving his 10/5 rights. But I just can't see Jr to the Sox.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Its those kind of traderumors that inspired the name
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco
    Would Jr accept a trade to the ChiSox? He's also having a hell of a year offensively, and the Reds are in the hunt. He has 10/5 rights. He wanted a shot in Cincy, and he may very well finally have it this year. I think he might veto a deal. Now if we were as bad as we were last year, then I could see him waiving his 10/5 rights. But I just can't see Jr to the Sox.
    This is absolutely true. In order to pull the trigger on this deal, we really would have to fall off the pace. Even though I think it could be best for the team, trading Jr would be devastating if this club is still in the race, which I believe they will be.

Can we trade Raisor and Krono to TeepeeTalk.com for some hot-shot Indian poster?

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

No trade clause.

You however..are on the block
    Go Gators!

One Man Army

Bleed Cubbie Blue was indeed the first site to report these rumors.

They've been referred to as the "Blow Cubbie Sunshine Up Your *** Society". You do the math.

Don't mean to hi-jack here, but it seemed a good place to add this blurb.

From CNNSI.com truth & rumors, via the Denver post.

A trade involving Colorado Springs first baseman Ryan Shealy still is possible, but Rockies general manager Dan O'Dowd discounted a report that said a trade with Toronto was imminent. -- Denver Post

Since Shealy is a guy a lot of us have liked, I thought I would post it.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

If I want to find somewhat "legit rumors", I'll look on prosportsdaily.com. I have seen a number of Maddux trade rumors on there. I would love to see him in a Reds uniform, but I can't imagine what we would have to give up in return.

Turn Off Ads?