Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: todays Quote from Narron! about the bullpen

todays Quote from Narron! about the bullpen

When asked about the bullpen

"This is what we've got," said Narron. "We've just got to get the best out of them. I know they're all capable of getting outs and we'll just do everything we can to make sure we get them in a spot where they can."

this quote makes me think "oh well, we aren't going to get any help.. this is all we got" like.. i hope Krivsky and BOB, dont think this at the deadline!!! the rest of the team will be effected if this continues, becuase you can only come back from bullpen defecits soooooooooo many times where the offense will quit showing up!
    Last edited by redsfan4445; 07-03-2006 at 12:53 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: todays Quote from Narron!

They have guys in the minors that should be given a chance.
    But I dont expect that to happen until the rosters expand.

:thumbdown

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Depends on what question narron is responding to. Easy to take something out of context when i dont know what he is responding to.

Im sorry.. i will edit it.. its about the bullpen

Re: todays Quote from Narron! about the bullpen

Narron has proved once again he will not throw players under the bus. I expect and appreciate comments like this, as long as he and Wayne are working behind close doors to remedy the situation.

What a manager tells the media and what he is actually thinking are often two different things. Unless said manager's name is Ozzie something.

What's he supposed to say?

Say what you want about Narron, but the guy protects his players. He isn't going to run to the media and actually say what we are thinking, that his bullpen sucks. I'm sure he realizes it also, you're just not going to hear him saying it.

The problem right now is there are no good answers to questions about the bullpen so Narron has to pull one of the stock cliches' out of a hat. Fact is there is only one legit guy available (Coffey) and even he is better suited to the setup role. Standridge has showed promise, Belise still has potential but the rest of the pen is pure and utter garbage. We know it and he knows it but he can't say it.

I wonder how Piniella would handle this bullpen situation and how he would voice this concern over the lack of effectiveness to the media????

The fact is O'Brien and Kullman acquired over the hill relievers in Weathers, Mercker, White and Hammond the past two years when they should be concentrating on acquiring young veterans.

Krivsky has to clean up this mess and find suitable replacements. So far he has kicked White and Hammond to the curb. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Reds give Weathers and Mercker the boot and eat the contracts if Krivsky can acquire two setup men at the July trading deadline.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60
    I wonder how Piniella would handle this bullpen situation and how he would voice this concern over the lack of effectiveness to the media????
    He'd question their manhood then throw down with every one of them all at one time just to prove his point.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsNeck
    He'd question their manhood then throw down with every one of them all at one time just to prove his point.
    That would be more interesting then watching the bullpen come into a game.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    That would be more interesting then watching the bullpen come into a game.

Yes it is truly sad when an inning without a run crossing the plate is cause for celebration and a 1-2-3 frame is the things of which dreams are made.

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232
    Narron has proved once again he will not throw players under the bus.
    which is a good quality. The problem is 1) he really hasn't tried others in the setup role but continues to use the defunct Hammond and Mercker/Weathers. They have failed miserably, give someone else a chance. Maybe they will fail as well but what is there to lose at this point.
    2) Narron must have read the closers rulebook that says you can't bring your closer in a tie game in the 8th. So instead Coffey goes the entire series without pitching.

I have no reason to believe that Cast/Kriv won't make the neccessary additions to this club. After the promises Cast has made to the fans the lashback would be of epic proportions if they were not kept. Keep the faith, Narron is throwing out the typical cliches.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    They have guys in the minors that should be given a chance.
    But I dont expect that to happen until the rosters expand.

:thumbdown

Those guys are already here...
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Turn Off Ads?