Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Random thoughts

Haunted by walks

Random thoughts

For all the good it did to turn around the team's fortunes in the next games, Adam Dunn's grand slam might as well have been just another point in his batting average.

Cincinnati Bell called. It wants its money back from the Call to the Bullpen sponsorship.

One of Dante's lesser-known works is about a manager who knows how bad his bullpen is but has to keep calling on them anyway.

Would the fan in section 405, row 3, seat 2 report to the Guest Services area to begin warming up?

I've heard about a version of baseball they play in some towns where the relief pitcher goes the whole inning without giving up a run.

Concessions should be half off when the bullpen is pitching.

If I met David Weathers in public, I'd shake his hand, let him know how much I respect what he's given to the game, and then tell him his family must miss him and he should spend more time with them.

Maybe the baseball gods allow Cincinnati to have only so much pitching, and as the starters get better the bullpen is doomed to get worse.

If Edwin Encarnacion plays any better in Louisville, he'll be beyond baseball shape and into All-Star shape.

Heck, strain everybody's ankles.
    Last edited by BCubb2003; 07-03-2006 at 07:03 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Re: Random thoughts

Great, as always!

Would the fan in section 405, row 3, seat 2 report to the Guest Services area to begin warming up?
    You wouldn't want the fan in section 406, row A, seat 5... [I throw like a girl] ...
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 3-4
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 1-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003
    One of Dante's lesser-known works is about a manager who knows how bad his bullpen is but has to keep calling on them anyway.
    Upcoming Stephen King novel: The Arsonists
    Never overlook the obvious

One of the better editions of Random thoughts
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Go Gators!

Some of your best work.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Reds and 26.2's

Not bad, but why all the negativity?

Halfway through the season..even as bad as the bullpen is..did anyone expect them to be where they are?

Where's the positive vibes?

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPig
    Not bad, but why all the negativity?

Halfway through the season..even as bad as the bullpen is..did anyone expect them to be where they are?

Where's the positive vibes?
    I'm mostly trying for wry bewilderment, but the bullpen situation is such a haunting phenomenon. But as i said in a previous thought: People who thought the Reds would win 70 will be upset when they only win 80.

It's just that the bullpen is a recurring nightmare for everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by gm
    Upcoming Stephen King novel: The Arsonists
    That's what I have been calling the BP for the last month or so,The Arsonists.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Great as always BCubb, thanks!
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds
    That's what I have been calling the BP for the last month or so,The Arsonists.
    In 1990 the Reds bullpen had the "Nasty Boys"

Here's a nickname for 2006: the "Crappy Old Men"

(or, the Arsonists)
    Never overlook the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003

I've heard about a version of baseball they play in some towns where the relief pitcher goes the whole inning without giving up a run.
    Wow! Are you sure about that? That sounds like something from "Ripley's Believe It Or Not."
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Great stuff as always! :notworthy

Speaking of the bullpen....

Reds have had very good bullpens until this year.... Reds Starters have been bad until this year... What is the difference.... ?? Just a thought....

but....

Could it be...

Tommy Hume?

Bullpen coach to interim pitching coach....
    Good bullpen to bad bullpen
    bad starters to good starters...

Hmmm... some of my random thoughts... anyway back to our regularly scheduled mayhem

Turn Off Ads?