Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What inspired your RedsZone username? / What does your username mean?

Re: What inspired your RedsZone username? / What does your username mean?

Tha 23rd Buchan
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    That reminds me of this site:

http://test.recordstore.com/wuname/wuname.pl/wuname.pl

Tells you what your name would be if you were in WuTang Clan. Fun stuff.

Sincerely,
    Monolithic Fishmonger-X
    Thanks!

Yours Truly,
    Ultra-Chronic Monstah

My nick was actually born froom a momentary fit of angst on the RedsZone Board.

I'd lurked around here for well over a year, reading people's opinions and just enjoying the anonymity of it all. Then, one day, I went to visit the site, and lo and behold I discovered that visitors could no longer view the redsZone forums for whatever reason. I now had to register with the site if I wanted to continue viewing it. Well, I never had any intentions of posting, and I was more than a bit annoyed that I now had to register just to view the site, even if I wasn't going to post on it. So I decided to use registerthis as a jab at forcing me to register with the site.

Of course, 3,000+ posts later, here I am, lol. I thought about changing it a couple of times after I started posting regularly because, really, it's just not very nice...but people came to know me under this nick and I just decided, what the hey, I'll keep it.

I used to post on the old Reds.com board under a different moniker, but that one has been mothballed--mainly because there are still some people who would probably like to hunt me down if they could.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

In the Past I have used DEACON. (Big Steely Dan Fan) In my youth I used this in bars when someone would ask me my name. (DEACON BLUE)
    However, about a year ago wanted to change things and my nephew had a tat of a baseball on fire, which was on his left arm.
    I thought just the right amount of cheese.
    and my wu name: Jive Talkin' Choirboy
    Last edited by FIRELEFT; 07-07-2006 at 03:34 PM.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

That Wu-Tang name generator is fun and all, but just be careful. I have it on good authority that the Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothing to - well, let's just say they're nothing to mess with.

So sayeth the GZA (and that guy's a genius).
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

During my college years, I developed an extreme fondness for the Champagne of Beers: Miller High Life.

This was due largely to my amusement at some of the best ads ever created for a brand.

My one college roommate and I became so fixated on the commercial with the faucet and the tag line "Hot.... Cold..... Miller High Life" where the guy is doing his own plumbing, so to speak, and installs a beer line in his sink. Thus, we came up with the great idea to build our own kegerator.

After that, I was known in some circles as The Highlifeman.

21 was a number I wore regularly in HS, so Highlifeman21 was born.

And yes, I still drink Miller High Life. Have some in my fridge right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    So sayeth the GZA (and that guy's a genius).
    My fave t-shirt is "RIP ODB"

My wife thinks it's some dead ballplayer... Lots of grass cut in that shirt.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I use it all the time online, I'm oneupper on ebay and own the oneupper.net domain (someone beat me to oneupper.com).
    There is something extremely funny about this.

To one up him, you should have taken "The real oneupper.com."

I think everyone knows this but mine was designed as a parody of the old Don Heffner who used to post on the old enquirer.com Reds board. I would post as his long lost brother and just basically mock his posts. He was hilarious but it was even funnier to have a parallel post to his. He would come up with obscure baseball player's names so then I would post the names of obscure game show hosts and celebrities. I don't think he liked me very much.

I sort of liked the name so I kept it. You haven't lived until you've been addressed as "Dom" by GAC. It's awesome.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I used to post on the old Reds.com board under a different moniker, but that one has been mothballed--mainly because there are still some people who would probably like to hunt me down if they could.
    Nuxie?

If that's you, I have got to take my hat off to you. There was this one post that Nux put up that had me laughing so hard my ribs hurt. It had to do with a seat cushion left behind at Riverfront Stadium the prior year and Nux was asking for all of us on the board to keep an eye out for it....and people actually responded saying they were going to do so....oh man, just this entire thread of people wanting to know what section, row, seat number....as if this thing would be there the next season. It sounded like it was a serious post written by a 90 year old man...it was sweet but it was totally putting one over on everybody.

Guess you had to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    Nuxie?

If that's you, I have got to take my hat off to you. There was this one post that Nux put up that had me laughing so hard my ribs hurt. It had to do with a seat cushion left behind at Riverfront Stadium the prior year and Nux was asking for all of us on the board to keep an eye out for it....and people actually responded saying they were going to do so....oh man, just this entire thread of people wanting to know what section, row, seat number....as if this thing would be there the next season. It sounded like it was a serious post written by a 90 year old man...it was sweet but it was totally putting one over on everybody.

Guess you had to be there.
    Nuxie ruled.

So did Nutholio de Nux.

Internet flaming bags of poo, both of them.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    Nuxie?
    Nope, sorry. I don't think I remember him, honestly. I used to get into a lot with a guy called "FRB". I think he was from Chicago. Dunno what happened to him. I think people called him furball.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by FIRELEFT
    In the Past I have used DEACON. (Big Steely Dan Fan) In my youth I used this in bars when someone would ask me my name. (DEACON BLUE)However, about a year ago wanted to change things and my nephew had a tat of a baseball on fire, which was on his left arm.
    I thought just the right amount of cheese.
    and my wu name: Jive Talkin' Choirboy
    Just curious, but was this name based upon the band from Scotland by the same name?
    Last edited by Blimpie; 07-10-2006 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini
    I just tried that Wu Tang site. It told me my name was Big Gay Mule.
    Alarmingly-Named Wolfman here.....

I think the Band from England got it's name from the song by Steely Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by FIRELEFT
    I think the Band from England got it's name from the song by Steely Dan.
    Being as though you are a fan of Steely Dan, I am sure that you are aware that their song is entitled, "Deacon Blues." Whereas, the Scotish band to which I am referring (circa 1987-2001) went by the singular form known as "Deacon Blue."

Just curious if you had ever heard their music or were a fan.
    Last edited by Blimpie; 07-10-2006 at 03:23 PM.

Turn Off Ads?