Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Robin Williams as the Joker?

Re: Robin Williams as the Joker?

I was actually quite happy when I heard it was Ledger. I had thought of him before and I think he would do a tremendous job.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

You know what - he wouldn't be my first choice, but Batman Begins was so good that I trust Nolan to make Ledger work.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Haven't seen Brokeback, but I still have a hard time seeing Ledger and not thinking "Knights Tale"

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    You know what - he wouldn't be my first choice, but Batman Begins was so good that I trust Nolan to make Ledger work.
    My thoughts exactly. I'm just happy it wasn't Adrien Brody.

I think back to Christian Bale's casting as Batman when looking at bringing in Ledger. Bale wouldn't have even been on my radar I don't think, but he turned out great and I trust Nolan to make a good choice. He said all along that he wanted the Joker to be approx. the same age as Batman, so Ledger fits that.

To me, the more critical casting will be when they decide on who will play Harvey Dent because there you've got a character who will be around for two films.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Oh well. I guess we know the Joker is gonna get it in the end.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Oh well. I guess we know the Joker is gonna get it in the end.
    I guess this will improve the market for your pictures of Ledger, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo Fan
    To me, the more critical casting will be when they decide on who will play Harvey Dent because there you've got a character who will be around for two films.
    Unless of course its the late 80s, early 90s and then Billy Dee Williams and then Tommy Lee Jones play him in separate films.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

throws 106. NBD.

I always thought Christopher Meloni would be a sweet Joker in the new Batman movie. I think Ledger will be fine for the role, though.

From IMDB.com: Ryan Phillippe as Harvey Dent, and Phillip Seymour-Hoffman as the Penguin in a "future film"?

Phillippe Lands Two-Face Role?

Ryan Phillippe may be set to take over from Tommy Lee Jones after reportedly landing the role of Harvey Dent/Two-Face in the upcoming Batman Begins sequel. Reese Witherspoon's husband will join Heath Ledger, who has signed on to play The Joker, and new Batman Christian Bale in The Dark Knight. Crash star Phillippe beat Liev Shreiber and Josh Lucas to the role of the scheming district attorney, played by Jones in 1995 movie Batman Forever, according to internet reports. Academy Award winners Sir Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman have also joined the cast, while fellow Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman is in talks to play The Penguin in the new film.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds
    From IMDB.com: Ryan Phillippe as Harvey Dent, and Phillip Seymour-Hoffman as the Penguin in a "future film"?
    I'll back Chris Nolan whatever way he chooses to go with the next Batman movie, but they seem to be quickly approaching the villain saturation point. Joker is the main bad guy in the next one, though I would assume that if you're casting Hoffman as the Penguin then he's going to get some major screen time. Toss in Harvey Dent pre-Two-Face, plus the returning big three characters, and that's a lot going on in one movie.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

I think that the "Penguin" part would be for a third film down the road...that's at least how I read it. Probably very subjective.

I see Dent as the DA...not Two-Face. At least not until late in the film.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/765/765206p1.html

Aaron Eckhart has been confirmed as being in "final negotiations" to play Harvey Dent in the upcoming The Dark Knight. District Attorney Harvey Dent begins as an ally of Batman and Gotham cop Jim Gordon, only to end up becoming the horrifically scarred, coin-flipping villain Two-Face.

Dent has previously been portrayed onscreen by Billy Dee Williams and Tommy Lee Jones, who starred opposite Eckhart in The Missing.

The Hollywood Reporter confirmed Eckhart's casting today. There's still no word on whether Maggie Gyllenhaal has indeed replaced Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes.

In addition to Eckhart, The Dark Knight also stars Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and Gary Oldman. Heath Ledger will play The Joker.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

What about Mel Gibson?
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Don't know the first thing about the OC, but here's the guy I'm talkin' about.
    Ichabod Crane playing he Joker. Interesting.

I just hope any future sequels don't follow the path of those previous ones made. Other then the Danny DeVito as Penguin one, they sucked terribly.

On a different not - just saw a "making of" Spiderman 3 preview show. Looks awesome. Thomas Haden Church as Sandman was well cast IMO.
    Last edited by GAC; 04-29-2007 at 04:14 AM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?