Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bruce and Votto having productive games(7-3)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bruce and Votto having productive games(7-3)

Bruce is 2-for-3 with a double(32), HR(12) and walk.

Ward: 7 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 5 K, 8 GO/5 FO

Votto 2-for-4 with a HR(17)

Chick: 6.1 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 4 BB, 7 K

Watson: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K

Parker walked in his first atbat.

Re: Bruce and Votto having productive games(7-3)

It looks like Watson isnt getting to good of defense behind him.

FIELDING
    E: Valaika (3, fielding), Tordi (2, throw), Turner (1, throw).

Votto's Triple Crown Threat:
    HR's: 17 (1st)
    Avg: .326 (1st)
    RBI: 53 (2nd, one behind first place)

Needless to say he's having a good year.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsIn07
    Votto's Triple Crown Threat:
    HR's: 17 (1st)
    Avg: .326 (1st)
    RBI: 53 (2nd, one behind first place)

Needless to say he's having a good year.
    Denorfia is going for the batting champ of the Int. League and Bruce is also in the running for the Triple Crown Threat in the Midwest league. This is nice to see in the Reds farmsystem.

Billings and Missoula tied 2-2

Watson: 3 IP, 3 Hits, 2 Runs (both unearned), 2 BB, 0 K

What are your guys thoughts on when Votto should be brought up to stay? I don't see why he can't be our starting first basemen at the beginning of next year. I see some saying 2008 but he would be almost 25 by that time.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanatic
    What are your guys thoughts on when Votto should be brought up to stay? I don't see why he can't be our starting first basemen at the beginning of next year. I see some saying 2008 but he would be almost 25 by that time.

joey has a shot to be the reds starter opening day next season. hatteberg and RA both may be gone after this year. i think there may be a club option for rich and he plays multiple positions. if you keep rich and votto tears it up next spring he could get a shot. RA is insurance just like he was this season for edwin. i like hatteberg but he can only play firstbase which may cost him a job here next season.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Bruce finished 3/4 with 2 doubles and like OBM mentioned, his 12th homer.

He is now hitting .319 12 homers 57 rbis and 33 doubles, this kid is a double machine. Defintley looks to be ahead of where Dunn and Kearns were at the same time.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Jay freakin Bruce.... wow. He has been absolutely ON FIRE. Between him and Homer Bailey I dont know who will be #1 on BA Prospect hot sheet this week. Heck, it might even be Joey Votto. I enjoy being a minor league fan of the Reds system.

Bruce has more raw power than Kearns did, their plate eye looks to be about on the same page, though Bruce is interestingly hitting at a much higher average. I would argue Larry Walker is the better comparison as he had a sluggish OBP as a 19 year old but with that immense power.

While the overall work of O'brien/Renyolds looks spotty on the draft. The first rounders are interesting franchise ability talents. The 2006 draft doesn't look overly interesting at this time. While the Reds may have dug a few nuggets out, the weak nature of the 2006 draft and the failure of Buckley in Toronto during the 2001-03 drafts I think the return will be minimal. Stubbs(BJ clone) doesn't give me much confidence nor does Watson(poor man's Bush). That makes Bailey and Bruce more important.

Votto is a bat I like. Good power and solid plate discipline. I am sick of these judy hitting first baseman. This years version can't even field. Votto represents a cure as long as he can hit to all fields with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis
    Bruce has more raw power than Kearns did, their plate eye looks to be about on the same page, though Bruce is interestingly hitting at a much higher average. I would argue Larry Walker is the better comparison as he had a sluggish OBP as a 19 year old but with that immense power.

While the overall work of O'brien/Renyolds looks spotty on the draft. The first rounders are interesting franchise ability talents. The 2006 draft doesn't look overly interesting at this time. While the Reds may have dug a few nuggets out, the weak nature of the 2006 draft and the failure of Buckley in Toronto during the 2001-03 drafts I think the return will be minimal. Stubbs(BJ clone) doesn't give me much confidence nor does Watson(poor man's Bush). That makes Bailey and Bruce more important.

Votto is a bat I like. Good power and solid plate discipline. I am sick of these judy hitting first baseman. This years version can't even field. Votto represents a cure as long as he can hit to all fields with time.
    i think the '05 draft definitely had some depth (wood, ward, lecure, avery, lanier, fisher, griffin). and i have to disagree on the 1st base situation. although i hope votto can win the job next spring, hatteberg has done a great job hitting as has aurillia, and they are a big part of the reds success.

Quote Originally Posted by tbball10
    i think the '05 draft definitely had some depth (wood, ward, lecure, avery, lanier, fisher, griffin). and i have to disagree on the 1st base situation. although i hope votto can win the job next spring, hatteberg has done a great job hitting as has aurillia, and they are a big part of the reds success.
    Hats nothing more than a fluke. Literally. He ain't that good. He is also old, see Weathers 2005 vs. 2006. 1st base is a problem.

Kearns had a guy named Dunn to protect him as well, like to see Bruce get that triple crown.

Turn Off Ads?