Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason trade to legitamize Reds.

At first glance you wonder why the Fish would even consider a trade like that. But if you consider who their owner is, it doesn't become that much of a stretch. But Loria usually gets a little more value than what we'd be proposing. Plus the guys he trades off usually are in for a big pay day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Luis Castillo and A.J. Burnett

to the

Reds

for

Todd Walker, Bruce Chen, and ml pitcher
    thats like the marlins offering andy fox,eric owens and julian tavarez for austin kearns and brandon larson(healthy)

Fish bait

I pray the Marlins are contracted. I am so sick and tired of hearing about their crap....or is it carp? Anywho, you can have your damn AJ, Beckett, Andy Fox, 'Juan Gone', and Braden "don't call me Brandon" Pooper. While one corner of a single ventricle of my heart feels bad for 'Marlins fans' for the way Huizenga and Co. pumped and dumped the organization to buy a title, I hate the city of Miami. You deserve Ricky Williams, Jeff Loria, and Rod Strickland. Doesn't Dennis Rodman still live there? That place doesn't deserve a real baseball team, and I feel sorry for the talented guys who are being a) shuffled around like Sorry pieces and b) being forced to sweat their asses off in front of 300 blue-haired carpetbaggers. Please, Bud, if nothing else, promise me that the god-awful state of Florida will not have a baseball team when spring rolls around.

J-Rod

Listen.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Luis Castillo and A.J. Burnett

to the

Reds

for

Todd Walker, Bruce Chen, and ml pitcher

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats like the marlins offering andy fox,eric owens and julian tavarez for austin kearns and brandon larson(healthy)

Listen, don't be so dense. The trade was an idea.

Before the season? Did you think the Expos could have gotton Colon for anyone not named Vladamir Guerrero or Jose Vidro?
    Probably so but they did.

So, it always isn't going to take super stars on your roster to make a trade.

Brandon Phillips is a helk of a player though....

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Re: ok

Originally posted by J-Rod
    My point is. This team needs an Ace who is a stopper. A guy who makes it very difficult to get swept in a series. A pitcher who can go toe to toe with Schilling or Johnson.
    No arguing about that.

What we're doing the about is the notion that we can just "trade some bodies for Burnett." Burnett is an ace, he's young, and he's inexpensive -- in short, the type of pitcher all 30 teams want and nearly all can afford, at least until he's eligible for arbitration.

If the Marlins put out the word, every team will have offers on the table, and they'll be talking about premium guys. The Reds can't just put *an* offer on the table, it needs to be the *best* offer. If I was the Marlins' GM talking about Burnett, I'm not interested in a package of average veterans and second-tier prospects. I've got plenty of those. Put real value on the table or don't bother calling back.

If the players strike and end the season on the 30th, WILL Castillo be a free agent? I am not so sure. Seems to me that he would lack the service time to qualify.

AJ Burnett was placed on the 15 day dl with sore elbow and since our season is over there is no need to rush him back...i guess you dont want him anymore

and danforsman-what do u have against miami bro, take a deep breathe and count to 3...

aj is untouchable like others have said...

our best deal would be something like this:

walker, howington, pena, larson

for

castillo, and penny
    And this one belongs to the Reds

yea something like that would probably do

I pray the Marlins are contracted. I am so sick and tired of hearing about their crap....or is it carp? Anywho, you can have your damn AJ, Beckett, Andy Fox, 'Juan Gone', and Braden "don't call me Brandon" Pooper. While one corner of a single ventricle of my heart feels bad for 'Marlins fans' for the way Huizenga and Co. pumped and dumped the organization to buy a title, I hate the city of Miami.
    first off the marlins play in ft.lauderdale and not miami...why are you so against miami?finally the marlins didnt buy their championship.....$55mil for a world series team isnt like the yankees.....and doesnt every team who has won recently bought their WS? and dont give me this crap about "you can have aj and josh" you know you would want them in a heartbeat.....as for andy fox, he is untouchable

anyway thats my rant for the day
    Last edited by ramp101; 08-19-2002 at 08:14 PM.

Time is the Revelator.
    He probally dislikes it, because they have so much talent, for such a young team, they already have a WC Title, and the fans continue to show them no support. They get around 5 fans a night, its pitiful.

yea but you can understand why our attendance is so lousy....cant u?

[Edited -- hadn't seen the Burnett-on-DL topic on the other thread]
    Last edited by IslandRed; 08-19-2002 at 10:05 PM.

i know you arent ratting on me

man i thought he was indestructable

we will have to see what happens either in his next start or next year

he was having some year though

ramp why was burnett placed on the DL? I just watched him pitch a gem yesterday.
    Last edited by letsgojunior; 08-19-2002 at 10:19 PM.

Sorry, ramp. I was moving my response to the other thread where you guys were talking about Burnett, and here you were replying on this one.

Turn Off Ads?