Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason trade to legitamize Reds.

michael
    Hmm, say we get Castillo by some freak accident of nature.

And given Boone's "let's tinker with the lineups" nature.

Does anyone really think Castillo would bat leadoff every game?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Originally posted by letsgojunior
    ramp why was burnett placed on the DL? I just watched him pitch a gem yesterday.
    "an elbow bruise, X-rays indicated an acute bone bruise in Burnett's pitching elbow. The Marlins were awaiting further test results, and with the team out of the playoff race, he won't be rushed back into the rotation.

Gus
    Ramp I think your Andy Fox and a bag of marbles analogy needs to come into play with this trade scenario The reason the Expos were able to get Colon over others was due to having one of the highest rated minor league prospects in Phillips, who do we have to lay out there to truly land a #1. As we've said before without dangling Dunn or Kearns it would take one hell of a package (and a bag of marbles)

Why does it seem like 75 % or more of the trade deals discussed on this board involve the Florida Marlins. A good ten or more of their players have, at one time this season, reportedly been on their way to Cincinnati. This has made no sense to me at all. A Fla Marlins fan has even had to become a regular poster here to keep up with/refute all the latest trade rumours. There are more leadoff hitters out there than Castillo, and there are more starting pitchers than Burnett, Penny, and Beckett.

Why does it seem like 75 % or more of the trade deals discussed on this board involve the Florida Marlins. A good ten or more of their players have, at one time this season, reportedly been on their way to Cincinnati. This has made no sense to me at all. A Fla Marlins fan has even had to become a regular poster here to keep up with/refute all the latest trade rumours. To my knowledge, no trade involving the reds and marlins (other than the Dempster deal, and the possiblity of throwing Cliff Floyd in that deal) has been discussed in the media.

so if the media doesnt say anything, then there is no chance?

the reason why alot of people like the marlins are because they are youn,cheap, and all have HUGE upsides

and besides ichiro, what lead off hitter would u want besides castillo?

also, when was cliff floyd ever mentioned to go to cincy?

soriano

Originally posted by OldXOhio
    soriano
    soriano may be batting leadoff but on most teams he would be like a young arod batting 3rd,4th or 5th

i bet when he ages a couple of years, the sb's will go down like arod's did

I don't know if I agree w/ you on that one Ramp just because there seems to be so few stellar leadoff men in all of baseball. Outside of the Floridas, Bostons and Seattles of the game, I would think Soriano would be a leadoff man for most teams. He certainly would be in Cincy.

makes no sense...he has 35-50hr potential...he will become arod jr and the steals will go down in a couple of years

J-Rod

Bodies....

I understand it will not just take "bodies" or "fringe" players.

I thought it would take Todd Walker because we were getting there second baseman in return...but, since Castillo is a Free Agent at the end of the year. We can just make a bid for him.

If we sign Castillo, and Rolen as Free Agents, which I think will be totally possible.

Bowden can then try to aquire Burnett through a trade.

Maybe

Burnett and a player

for

Wily Mo Pena, Brandon Larson, and Josh Hall.

Maybe not this exact deal, but it will not take Dunn or Kearns. Dunn is fixing on signing a LTC with the Reds anyway.

I also hope the Reds can work a deal with Montreal with Colon and his 6 million dollar salary.

1. Castillo-2b
    2. Boone-SS
    3. Dunn-LF
    4. Griffey-CF
    5. Kearns-RF
    6. Casey-1b
    7. Rolen-3b
    8. LaRue/Miller-C
    9. pitcher

Colon
    Burnett
    Dessens
    Dempster
    Mohler (If he resigns)

Graves
    Williamson
    Riedling
    Chen
    Hudson
    Reitsma

I like this roster.

Jim Bowden may have the tools to bring in this kind of talent this offseason.

it seems to make sense in Yankee Stadium. Why doesn't NY bat him second or fifth and make Jeter the leadoff?

Originally posted by ramp101
    makes no sense...he has 35-50hr potential...he will become arod jr and the steals will go down in a couple of years
    Having HR power sure seemed to ruin Rickey Henderson's speed and leadoff ability.

For some reason you seem to think that being able to hit the ball out of the infield on the fly precludes one from being able to hit leadoff or run fast. I do not follow.

burnett would cost you dunn.....you cant get him for 3 2nd tier prospects....sorry

when did rickey ever hit more than 28hr?
    the answer:never

soriano is already at 30, he will keep getting better and in time will no longer leadoff...jeter should lead off for them

JRod, whatever it is you're smoking, feel free to pass it around the room when you're finished.

Turn Off Ads?