Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Offseason trade to legitamize Reds.

Forget Burnett - even that idiot Huizenga isn't trading him. Castillo can be had if we want to pay the dollars. Sign him and then use Walker, along with 1 or 2 prospects (Howington, Pena) for Penney. Penney is a do-able trade. Burnett is not. Keep a careful eye on Montreal's situation - Colon may yet wind up available. Suppan and Byrd will be on the market. I still believe Suppan, with a good team, can be a #1. Byrd is basically a healthy Moehler so why get what we already have? Corey Lidle could be had but Beane will ask the moon and besides, I'm not sure he is #1 material. Either Glavine or Maddux will be on the market but the price would be steep for a guy at the end of his career. Actually my greatest hope for a #1 comes from this group:

Moseley, Hudson, Gruler, Howington (injuries are starting to make me question him though), Aramboles (same as Howington),
    Basham, Kelley, Hall.

Outside of Moseley, who I'd be reluctant to trade for anyone short of a Burnett, I'd package any ONE of them for a Penney or Colon, but I'd rather Carl loosened up enough to sign one as a FA. (I know - fat chance).

HUGE RELIEF THOUGH GUYS! We still have Reith and Etherton!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    penny could be had although, i believe talks between management and his agent have resumed after a 4 month delay

i think penny could be traded but not beckett or aj

J-Rod

Colon a Free Agent?

He is signed through next year at 6 million.

yea jrod is right on that one

but there is no reason for the fish to trade aj burnett...unless you have one?

J-Rod

Fish and Ramp

Ramp,

I don't know if the Fish have a reason to trade AJ. I really don't. I was origanlly talking about legit young pitchers who have tremendous upsides who might be out there for the Reds to aquire so that they could have an ace. He was one. Colon was the other. They are the only canidates that seem to be available fitting those qualifications.

But believe you, me.

Bowden has already talked about all the pitchers on the Florida Marlins roster and if AJ were to come available. HE would make a strong case to grab him.

Nuff said.

thats nice but if dunn wasnt involved then there would be no deal...i am saying

Originally posted by ramp101
    but there is no reason for the fish to trade aj burnett...unless you have one?
    Maybe Loria wants to alienate another fan base so he can move the team to greener pastures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

i am a loria backer....im probably going to have my heart crushed but i will trust him for now.....hey atleast the guy just gave me a job next summer!

2/09/07
    Last edited by Ga_Red; 02-09-2007 at 03:39 AM.

Originally posted by Ga_Red
    Ramp101,
    would LaRue, Pena, Dawkins, Howington and S Dunn
    get the Reds Castillo and AJ, today?
    i dont even think that would get you castillo right now

if aj were to go to cincy, adam dunn would be in a teal uni

2/09/07
    Last edited by Ga_Red; 02-09-2007 at 03:38 AM.

Originally posted by Ga_Red
    let's see......

1) Larue...a better catcher than Johnson at half the bucks...
    2) 3 of Bowden's list he said he would not trade,
    ...a. our touted best young pitching prospect
    ...b..a phenom with Hank Aaron potential
    ...c., the long awaited reincarnation of Barry Larkin
    3) and a young AA pitcher with considerable upside

for a FA in 6 weeks and an arb eligible #1 which you will have to trade in 2 years because you can't afford him.....

and all the above at a time you are trying to reduce payroll....

I think ya gotta counter, at least.
    cj and preston wilson is who we are trading to drop payroll....ramon castro is our catcher fo the future so no thanks on larue.....we have soooo much pitching......and finally, i think castillo will resign, thats my counter

i would want gookie dawkins why?

who is s dunn? i have looked thru your minors what team is he on?
    Last edited by ramp101; 08-20-2002 at 02:48 PM.

c., the long awaited reincarnation of Barry Larkin
    As Steven Tyler would say:

Dream On....

Originally posted by ramp101

i dont even think that would get you castillo right now

if aj were to go to cincy, adam dunn would be in a teal uni
    Would people please stop treating ramp101 like he knows something special about the Marlins. Other than the fact he obviously knows the players names, he has never presented any knowledgable insight or commentary. He has repeatedly stated (then denied, then stated, then denied, now re-stated) that he thinks Dunn for Burnett swap would be a fair one for both sides "because the Reds need pitching". That is absurd; I don't care who your favorite team is. He says that a deal where the Reds would theoretically give up WMP, S. Dunn, and Ty-How would not get us a FA 2b that the Marlins more than likely (if history is a predictor) will not re-sign due to financial constraints. He is clearly seeing the world through saltwater stained, teal-shaded glasses and cannot even sustain a consistent argument for fear that a thread has gone onto the board to which he hasn't made the most recent response. (See Reidling DL thread). While he has at least removed his "Fish in the WC race trailer", he has apparently had enough time while toiling in Mr. Loria's (or is it Mr. Dombrowski's) right hand to rapid-fire retarded posts seamlessly across this board.

Torborg is going to ruin AJ Burnett. Burnett is only 25 and only Randy Johnson has thrown more pitches. I should have traded Burnett a couple weeks ago in my fantasy league because everyone that knows anything about baseball saw this injury coming. Burnett could be one of the best in the NL if Torborg doesnt kill him, but I don't see that happening.

Turn Off Ads?