Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Kearns

Trade Kearns

If the Reds are going to trade an 'everyday-player' for pitching, Kearns would be my choice. Denorfia would provide better range in RF and, based on scouting reports, his arm isn't anything to sneeze at either.

I just don't think that the offense would suffer that big of a hit if Kearns was replaced by Deno.

Kearns is on pace to hit 30 hrs. and his D is solid.

What caliber of ML-pitching could he fetch, either alone or packaged with someone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Worth The Wait

Re: Trade Kearns

I think if you package Kearns and Lopez, you could land yourself a pretty nice return-- a team like the Astros could be very intruiged by those two.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Kearns, Lopez and a catcher are your trading chips.

If used wisely, could bring some good returns...
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I would rather trade Lopez than Kearns, but if both need to go and we get a good return, go for it !!!
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

If you trade Kearns you have a heavily left handed lineup, particularly from the power perspective.

I guess EE is a good righty bat, but Kearns plays an important role in the lineup. Denorfia is not a power guy. Votto hits lefty.

I don't mind trading Kearns in the right deal, but I think it will require some restructuring of the lineup. Another potent righty bat will have to be added someplace.

As for Lopez, you have to consider a deal if enough pitching comes back.

If you trade Kearns, then Narron can get Castro the start at the new position of ss/rf, and let him patrol 41% of the field Chuck Norris style.

Trade Lopez first.
    Go Gators!

Man the guy to trade is Dunn he will bring the most and will miss him the least power is our strohg suit and defense is our weakness,Kearns is one of our best defensive players and i agree bring up Denorfia and improve the defense.Denorfia has been hitting about .340 or more for a year and a half.GO CINCY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper
    Kearns, Lopez and a catcher are your trading chips.

If used wisely, could bring some good returns...
    What he said.

We would still have a solid offense without Kearns and Felipe, and they would bring some good things in return.

Quote Originally Posted by REDJAKE
    Man the guy to trade is Dunn he will bring the most and will miss him the least power is our strohg suit and defense is our weakness,Kearns is one of our best defensive players and i agree bring up Denorfia and improve the defense.Denorfia has been hitting about .340 or more for a year and a half.GO CINCY!!!!
    Dunn's D really hasn't bad that been the last few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61
    If you trade Kearns you have a heavily left handed lineup, particularly from the power perspective.

I guess EE is a good righty bat, but Kearns plays an important role in the lineup. Denorfia is not a power guy. Votto hits lefty.

I don't mind trading Kearns in the right deal, but I think it will require some restructuring of the lineup. Another potent righty bat will have to be added someplace.

As for Lopez, you have to consider a deal if enough pitching comes back.
    Amusingly, I think Aurilia plays that role. Hitting clean up between the lefthanded Griffey and Dunn.
    "Hyperbole is the greatest thing ever" Redsland

Quote Originally Posted by Newport Red
    Amusingly, I think Aurilia plays that role. Hitting clean up between the lefthanded Griffey and Dunn.

he plays it. But he ain't winning no oscars for his performance.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    he plays it. But he ain't winning no oscars for his performance.
    Strictly Off Braodway.
    "Hyperbole is the greatest thing ever" Redsland

I don't mind trading Lopez, but not Kearns, I think Dunn could bring you a better return, it's pretty obvious that Jr. is not going anywhere, so he is our left handed power. With Dunn and FeLo gone, that puts Deno out in left, with canon arms at the corners and totally upgrades the defense in left. Phillips moves to short and Freel plays second. That leaves room for Aurilia and Hatteburg to platoon at 1st, and gives Narron a chance to play Aurilia a little more at 2nd and 3rd, to rest Freel and EE. Just my opinion. Then my lineup looks like this -

Freel 2b
    phillips ss
    Jr. cf
    Kearns rf
    Aurilia 1b / Hatteberg
    EE 3b
    Ross c
    Deno lf (just until he gets some quality ab's)

After he gets his quality big league cuts, and if he is hitting well, then put him in the 2 hole and shoot Phillips to #3.
    Last edited by Ohioballplayer; 07-04-2006 at 09:27 PM.
    Bowled 9 300 games, semi-retired!

Nothing like bowling a 300 game

Quote Originally Posted by Ohioballplayer
    I don't mind trading Lopez, but not Kearns, I think Dunn could bring you a better return, it's pretty obvious that Jr. is not going anywhere, so he is our left handed power. With Dunn and FeLo gone, that puts Deno out in left, with canon arms at the corners and totally upgrades the defense in left. Phillips moves to short and Freel plays second. That leaves room for Aurilia and Hatteburg to platoon at 1st, and gives Narron a chance to play Aurilia a little more at 2nd and 3rd, to rest Freel and EE. Just my opinion. Then my lineup looks like this -

Freel 2b
    phillips ss
    Jr. cf
    Kearns rf
    Aurilia 1b / Hatteberg
    EE 3b
    Ross c
    Deno lf (just until he gets some quality ab's)

After he gets his quality big league cuts, and if he is hitting well, then put him in the 2 hole and shoot Phillips to #3.
    You better get the pitching motherload for Dunn and FeLo because that lineup is going to score a significantly fewer amount of Runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc D
    You better get the pitching motherload for Dunn and FeLo because that lineup is going to score a significantly fewer amount of Runs.
    Yup, taking Dunn out of the lineup really makes it a lot weaker. I don't mind trading FeLo, but who plays the open middle position that Phillips doesn't? Not Aurillia, his middle D is bad, Castro shouldn't be an everyday guy. Ray Ray? Bergolla?

Turn Off Ads?