Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vote in last 2 all stars?!

Re: Vote in last 2 all stars?!

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    I had to vote for Liriano. There is no reason at all that Ozzie passed on the pitcher who leads his league in ERA by over half a point. If Liriano is not an All-Star, they shouldnt play the game.
    Liriano pitches Sunday, so even if he is elected, he'll never throw a pitch in the game.

My opinion, it's a crime that the AL leader in OPS isn't going to the game.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redram
    I think Phillips is the one who got screwed here. He deserves to be on this ballot as much as anyone. He is having a GREAT year and without him the Reds would not be anywhere near as good as they are right now
    he doesn't deserve to be on the team either. The NL got the rosters right except for Turnbow.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    he doesn't deserve to be on the team either. The NL got the rosters right except for Turnbow.
    Paul LoDuca says "Hi"
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Liriano pitches Sunday, so even if he is elected, he'll never throw a pitch in the game.

My opinion, it's a crime that the AL leader in OPS isn't going to the game.
    Giambi should be on the team as well, although something could be said for Hafner and Giambi not playing much in the field. Of course David Ortiz doesn't play much at all at 1B. He shouldn't have made the team if you go by the numbers, but he was voted in so it's hard to argue since he does lead the league in RBIs. Most fans think that means a ton.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Well, I disagree. He is having a Great year and has helped his team out tremendusly. Those are two huge things that IMO make a player worthy of being an all star.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick
    Paul LoDuca says "Hi"
    He was voted in by the fans. There's nothing that can be done about that.

It's not like they showcase their defense at the All-Star game....

You're probably right, though. The only thing Hafner could do would be to pinch hit because of his elbow. Giambi, on the other hand, could play 1B, and play it bad, just like Ortiz.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by redram
    Well, I disagree. He is having a Great year and has helped his team out tremendusly. Those are two huge things that IMO make a player worthy of being an all star.
    dont you think that Chase Utley and Dan Uggla have helped their teams and had good years? To put someone on the team, you have to take someone off. There is no way to justify Brandon Phillips making the team. The other two have simply had better years thus far.

Chase Utley 16 HR 49 RBI 8 SB .306/.374/.517/.891
    Dan Uggla 13 HR 45 RBI 4 SB .306/.363/.514/.877
    Brandon Phillips 7 HR 44 RBI 16 SB .322/.372/.456/.828

Looking at your stats they look very comparable to me. Brandon has a better batting avg, rbi's are close and Phillips started late for the Red's I am not saying the other 2 do not deserve it, however the way the Red's have played so far as a team IMO they deserve more than one player on the team, and the other one on the team that has played the best is Phiilips.
    Harang is another that has has a nice year and could have been added. There will always be players left off that deserve to go and for me at least I think Phillips is one this year that could have gone. Again not saying the others don't deserve it but you cannot say Phillips does not. And you can use your own stats to prove that. Those are some pretty nice numbers.

dont you think that Chase Utley and Dan Uggla have helped their teams and had good years? To put someone on the team, you have to take someone off. There is no way to justify Brandon Phillips making the team. The other two have simply had better years thus far.

Chase Utley 16 HR 49 RBI 8 SB .306/.374/.517/.891
    Dan Uggla 13 HR 45 RBI 4 SB .306/.363/.514/.877
    Brandon Phillips 7 HR 44 RBI 16 SB .322/.372/.456/.828
    Looking at those stats, I don't see how it is as simple as you are making it. Actually, I am surprised by how close to Utley that Phillips is. And Phillips has done it in less games. Any of the three are deserving, I just think that the Reds, because of where they are in the standings, deserve having a second selection over the Marlins.

although I cant argue that sanchez in not having a good year, but why get the nod over phillips, why should the worst team in baseball have 2 All-Star Reps, and the answer that the game is in Pitt. means nothing to me. The Nl Roster is pretty accurate but this little tidbit urks me somewhat

Turn Off Ads?