Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EE up; EZ Down.

EE up; EZ Down.

Edwin is up from the minors and The Lizard is sent packing back to the minors to keep on "rotation" to pitch on Monday.

Monday is the All-Star Break and he won't get to pitch.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: EE up; EZ Down.

What a surprise! EE's ankle healed just when they found a way to get him into the roster.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

As long as EZ is going down to keep on "rotation" then I like the move. However I wouldn't trust Wayne and Jerry to watch my dog while I'm in church, so I will wait and see. To me, it seems as if they are buying more time to trade somebody.

Either way THANK GOD EDWIN IS BACK. We have been terrible without him.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper
    What a surprise! EE's ankle healed just when they found a way to get him into the roster.
    Ding ding.

We have a winner.

If you didn't believe that Edwin really didn't need to be in AAA, then this should make you believe.

Hope this is temporary

*conspiracy hat on*
    Go Gators!

Edwin should bring Brad Salmon with him.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Hope this is temporary

*conspiracy hat on*
    Krivsky bought himself perhaps more than two weeks. He can line up the Lizard to pitch as late as July 22th vs. the Brewers. By then, maybe whatever he's been working on may have come to fruition and the team could be radically different...maybe.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Something is cooking........i can smell it but i cant make out that flavor hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Interesting thought to add on.. I see the Brewers just designated Moeller for assignment & optioned Villanueva right after the game. Maybe LaRue found a new home in the beer state?

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently they are bringing up their catching prospect
    Last edited by Tornon; 07-06-2006 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper
    Sometimes I wonder.

As long as EZ is not down for longer than necessary, this is a creative move with benefits across the board. But if EZ, who has been clearly our #3, does not come back up, I have a big problem with it.

Laughs cynically.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut
    As long as EZ is not down for longer than necessary, this is a creative move with benefits across the board. But if EZ, who has been clearly our #3, does not come back up, I have a big problem with it.
    If this was anything more than a temporary move for EZ, he sure the heck wouldn't have been optioned to Dayton.

But like Marc says in his blog, something more is likely cooking. Of course I thought the same thing when Krivsky picked up Ross, and when he picked up Phillips, so I give up trying to read the tea leaves, and in Wayne I trust.

Still, I wouldn't be shocked to see McCracken designated and Wise brought up, followed by a trade involving catchers, relief arms, and/or a spare infielder.

If I was the Reds I would consider moving Phillips into the 1/2 spot in the order, as as the other stuff, there are a lot of moves they could make because a lot of players are borderline replacement.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

It's all still a shell game because WK has no roster spot for everyone because of the insane value he has placed on the Castro acquisition.

Turn Off Ads?