Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edwin Activated, Elizardo to Dayton (for now)

Re: Edwin Activated, Elizardo to AAA (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    He's not "suffering". They sent him down so they he can pitch during the break. He wasn't gonna get to pitch again before the AS break. What's the big deal?

Why don't we all just take a deep breath, and wait and see what happens.

He made this move so that he doesn't have to release anyone for now.

Krivsky has not been afraid in the past this year to "pull the trigger" and release players over performance (Womack, Williams, Hammond) to make spots available to those more deserving.

Then Let's bring up Homer Bailey while we are at it.

Everyone is so worried up rushing the kid only to have to send him back down at some point and risk "screwing" with his head. Isn't this doing the same thing to EZ?? You can pull him aside and say this is in your best interest son. But...,,,, How do you know how he is going to take it. Its crazy if this happens. Give him a break along with the rest of the team over the all-star break. Make the Bullpen run laps though, they don't deserve anything off.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Edwin Activated, Elizardo to Dayton (for now)

2001 - this is just a simple baseball move, hoss. It's not destroying the kids confidence at all. Whether he stuck around on the Major League roster or not, he was *not* going to pitch in the next 10 days. Send him to Dayton to keep his arm warm - then bring him back up in 10 days. He'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001MUgrad

Everyone is so worried up rushing the kid only to have to send him back down at some point and risk "screwing" with his head. Isn't this doing the same thing to EZ?? You can pull him aside and say this is in your best interest son. But...,,,, How do you know how he is going to take it. Its crazy if this happens. Give him a break along with the rest of the team over the all-star break. Make the Bullpen run laps though, they don't deserve anything off.
    The difference is that EZ is 3 years older than Bailey and has 5 years of minor league play under his belt. He is smart enough to know why this is being done. It isn't a demotion, it just allows him to not miss a start. A genius move in my opinion.

No way. I don't care if its for show or for go. You get rid of McCraken or trade Larue if you are going to touch the position players. Otherwise you have your pick of who to dump from the bullpen. Don't make EZ suffer. He deserves to be in the bigs. I don't care if he goes to KY or goes to ATL tomorrow he doesn't deserve to be sent down to AAA.
    He's going down to pitch one game and then come back up. He's not being abused or made to suffer and it's not worthy of a freak out. If he's suddenly stuck in Dayton and doesn't reapear after the ASB then this discussion makes more sense.

Oh yea. And this is the Lizzards second taste of the bigs and thus far it looks like he'll be here a while. So a whirl-wind trip to Dayton for one start isn't a big deal. Homer has pitched well in AA a few times. Far too soon to dump him on the mound and say "good luck". That is why people are reluctant to bring him up, not some fear of going back down destroying his confidence or whatever.

I was shocked when I heard on WLW that the Lizard was sent to Dayton.

But reading the explanation of this move, here at Redszone, I realize it is nothing.

If the kid was being demoted, it wouldn't be all the way back to A ball. No GM is that cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed
    If the kid was being demoted, it wouldn't be all the way back to A ball. No GM is that cruel.
    It happened to Ron Gant. But yeah, that's really, really rare.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001MUgrad
    You're kidding right? That would be a terrible move for this KID. His experience/age level is nothing compared to the Lizard's.

Everyone is so worried up rushing the kid only to have to send him back down at some point and risk "screwing" with his head. Isn't this doing the same thing to EZ??
    Not the same situation. He knows that the ONLY reason he is going down is to keep pitching (work on a few things) during the All-Star break.

It's a solid move IMO.

He knows he is going to be back right away? Why?

Who takes his spot in the rotation? Who has shown they deserve it up to this point?

Lizard's job is safe..... for now.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

You're kidding right? That would be a terrible move for this KID.

Not the same situation. He knows that the ONLY reason he is going down is to keep pitching (work on a few things) during the All-Star break.

It's a solid move IMO.

He knows he is going to be back right away? Why?

Who takes his spot in the rotation? Who has shown they deserve it up to this point?

Lizard's job is safe..... for now.

GAC - I hate it when you make sense.

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    GAC - I hate it when you make sense.

Every once in awhile I have a spurt Heath...... but not to often.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Every once in awhile I have a spurt Heath...... but not to often.
    You know, they make stuff for that nowdays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

He started 51 games at 3B before. Why shouldn't he?
    Gee I don't know, maybe Jerry Narron might have something to do with it,

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden
    Gee I don't know, maybe Jerry Narron might have something to do with it,
    Impossible Ron - Narron has it out for EE.

Turn Off Ads?