Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shawn Chacon?

Shawn Chacon?

Anyone interested in Shawn Chacon as a cheap pickup? The word from New York is that he's on the way to be DFA'd by the Yankees. He has be horrible this year for them, but did pitch well last year.

any takers?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Shawn Chacon?

I really dislike that we are in such shambles with our pitching that we have to ask things like this everytime a pitcher is not good enough for another team.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    I really dislike that we are in such shambles with our pitching that we have to ask things like this everytime a pitcher is not good enough for another team.
    yeah, me too. the problem is that it seems like it's the only route that the front office takes to acquiring players.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Didnt he pitch out of the bullpen with the Rockies?

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    Didnt he pitch out of the bullpen with the Rockies?
    back and forth. He had 35 saves(7.11 ERA) in 2004 for the Rockies then went back to starting in 2005 before being trading to the Yankees.

I don't know if I would take a chance on him, but I wonder if he could be any worse. He was actually good in 2005.

He'll definitely get a shot somewhere if he is DFA'd. But based on his performance this year, I see him only as bullpen help.

If you can get him cheap he could replace Mays in the rotation or pitch out of the bullpen. He hasnt been pitching good this year, so if you have to give up alot its not worth it. Hes another guy that could be good if he didnt walk so many batters.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    If you can get him cheap he could replace Mays in the rotation or pitch out of the bullpen. He hasnt been pitching good this year, so if you have to give up alot its not worth it. Hes another guy that could be good if he didnt walk so many batters.
    he doesn't strike out many either. probably not a good sign.

These threads make me weep.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

That sums it up for me.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Right now, I'd take any other pitcher to replace Joe Mays
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Me, too. But we live in a pitching-starved universe where the Red Sox gave starts to two different guys plucked off DFA Island, and the NL-dominating Mets sent Jose Lima to the mound. On purpose.

I'd prefer getting genuinely good pitchers, but in a pinch, if the guy being set out on someone else's curb is better than what we have...
    Not all who wander are lost

honestly ne thing would be better for our pen

Apparently, the first question you should ask is, "Did he ever pitch for the Twins?" If the answer is yes, then there's a 95% chance Krivsky will acquire him.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

What's Jack Morris doing these days?
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?