Thread: Emmy nominations are out

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?
    La Dolce Vita

Re: Emmy nominations are out

Hugh Laurie should have been nominated for his role as Greg House. At least the show was nominated.
    teach tolerance.

Good to see Dennis Leary and Jaime Pressley get nominated. Shatner's a lock.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I am very surprised to not see Edie Falco nominated.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Great to see Sandra Oh nominated - Grey's Anatomy and Lost are the best shows on television IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I am very surprised to not see Edie Falco nominated.

Yeah, no kidding.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

La Dolce Vita

Quote Originally Posted by M2

Denny Crane is wearing a little thin. Oliver Platt (Huff) should win that category as should Blythe Danner for the same show. They are both outstanding in a very good show, that probably too few people have seen. I watched it on dvd.
    teach tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Pressley is fantastic on 'Earl.' I'm pleasantly surprised to see her get the recognition.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Nice to see "The Office" get some recognition. Along with The Simpsons, easily the funniest and best written shows on TV
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop
    Hugh Laurie should have been nominated for his role as Greg House. At least the show was nominated.
    I can't get into House -- maybe my brain just isn't wired to find medical television interesting, but it really does seem like every week is the exact same show: "Oh wow, here's a patient that's going to die unless House solves the illness. Oh look! House is breaking all kinds of traditiona, ethical rules, and whatnot to win this week."

For my money, the three best shows on TV are (were) The West Wing, Rescue Me, and Battlestar Galactica. The latter of those three I would never expect to be critically lauded, despite the fact that it has some of the best acting/writing on television, but I'm glad to see that the former two got the respect they deserved for great seasons.

Oh yeah, and Stephen Colbert should get his own Emmy for just being totally awesome. That is all.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

La Dolce Vita

The Greg House character...brilliant diagnostician, train-wreck of a character, ...is what makes the show good. W/o Hugh Laurie I wouldn't watch it.

The West Wing was wonderful last year. Alan Alda probably deserves that Supporting Actor in a Drama award, too.
    teach tolerance.

Turn Off Ads?