Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So you want a reliever? The Cubs have this Williamson guy.

So you want a reliever? The Cubs have this Williamson guy.

Sure he's always a pitch away from the DL, but the Cubs would probably be willing to move him for a neglible return.

He's just back from a DL stay with "right lateral epicondylitis" ... and, no, I have no idea what that is.

He's got some blah numbers - 4.38 ERA, 1.38 WHIP - but he's also got some intriguing numbers - 10.58 K/9, .628 OPS against.

It's going to take a number of bodies to change over the Reds bullpen. Heck, trade Tyler Pelland for him.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: So you want a reliever? The Cubs have this Williamson guy.

Wonder if they would have taken Chick
    Go Gators!

Go after Eyre and Howry.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

I hated to lose him.. unfortunatly for Williamson has been oft-injured. I'd think Chick and a PTBN would of gotten Williamson.

We could send them Wom..... Oh wait!
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

I'd rather have Wuertz
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Lateral epicondylitis
    Injury to the lateral aspect of the elbow is the most common upper extremity tennis injury. Tennis elbow is generally caused by overuse of the extensor tendons of the forearm, particularly the extensor carpi radialis brevis. Commonly experienced by the amateur player, this injury is often a result of (1) a one-handed backhand with poor technique (the ball is hit with the front of the shoulder up and power generated from the forearm muscles), (2) a late forehand swing preparation with resulting wrist snap to bring the racquet head perpendicular to the ball, or (3) while serving, the ball is hit with full power and speed with wrist pronation (palm turned downward) and wrist snap which increases the stress on the already taught extensor tendons.
    http://www.nismat.org/ptcor/tennis_elbow/

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Go after Eyre and Howry.
    I've been singing this song for a month or two. They signed these guys for a pennant run, but that isn't going to happen. Let us have 'em.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

If you had told me before the season that we were trying to deal LaRue (and even pick up some $$$), but he couldn't even bring a halfway-decent reliever (not even a closer) in return, I never would have believed you.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat
    If you had told me before the season that we were trying to deal LaRue (and even pick up some $$$), but he couldn't even bring a halfway-decent reliever (not even a closer) in return, I never would have believed you.

Probably wouldn't believe we'd be over .500 at the break either, would you?
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat
    Narron's 3-catcher rotation has submarined Larue's value.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Narron's 3-catcher rotation has submarined Larue's value.
    No, LaRue being a bad baseball player has done that.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    No, LaRue being a bad baseball player has done that.
    Whoa now, LaRue's had a lousy season at the plate, but he's been a good player for years and I wouldn't be surprised if he played his way into some good numbers if he got some regular reps.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Probably wouldn't believe we'd be over .500 at the break either, would you?
    Assuming we can find a win hiding somewhere in Hotlanta over the next 3 days.

Agree with M2 -- Larue would be ok if given reps. I still wanted him dealt in the offseason since he was a luxury on a pitching poor and cash constrained roster that couldn't be afforded a multiyear deal.

As much as I believe that Willie is an injury waiting to happen, I would take a chance on him. Desperate times call for desperate measures and Willie would be the best pitcher in our bullpen. I would also like to get Wuertz but he will probably be off limits once Big Dust is fired.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?