Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We Will Take the Next 3

We Will Take the Next 3

Mark it down. Quote me, sticky it, go place your bets in Vegas, bodog, whatever.

The Reds will take the next 3 from the Braves. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: We Will Take the Next 3

Put me down on this action. I'm even willing to wager rep points.

Think this whole thing is about to turn around.

This team has not quit, although many of it's fans have.

To battle back from 5 runs down in the 9th against a VERY hot team after what we've dealt with in the last 2 weeks is nothing short of exemplary.

I'll also wager rep points that Guardado is going to end up being a VERY good acquisition for this team.

If my confidence ends up landing me back at RedsLive, so be it.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

We aren't alone.....

http://www.redreporter.com/

How can you not love this team?

I mean that seriously. I know I get sarcastic at times, but this isn't one of them.

We just watched a team do something amazing. Coming off of five losses, they watched a horrible starting pitcher give up four runs in the first inning. How many other teams would have quit at that point? Mailed it in for the rest of the day? Quite a few in my opinion.

But not our Reds. They clawed back, as they have so often in the last week. There's no quit in this team. That's a hell of an overdone cliche, but it absolutely applies to the 2006 Cincinnati Reds.

Things are bad right now, no doubt about it. I'm as upset as anyone. But this is a team that will get to the postseason, with just a little help from WayneK and a better bullpen. He took a step towards that today picking up Eddie Guardado, and I don't think he's done.

After all this, after the terrible last week, after the terrible past month, after all of it ... the Reds are only 2.5 games out of first. And I believe the Reds have the offense and the starting pitching to make up those 2.5 games. They're still in this.

I have a good feeling about the rest of this Atlanta series, but we'll see. I think some of you should give the Reds a shot. Don't quit on them yet, because they're sure as hell not quitting on us.
    Amen to that!
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Everyone just relax.

It's either gonna get better, or funnier.

Either way, it's awesome.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

This didn't work for sava
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    This didn't work for sava
    Yes it did. We got swept like he said we would.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Mark it down. Quote me, sticky it, go place your bets in Vegas, bodog, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Dreamer.

I predict 45-44 at the break. Coffey continues to really blow in close games, and the offense is in a collective slump.

There are two kinds of people, I'm told. Some spend their time rearranging the deck chairs on the Titantic and other get in the lifeboats. Unless our new closer performs miracles (and I hope he does), we had better head for the lifeboats.

BTW, what is the club's record since Narron got his extension?

Just asking...
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Not that I'm not an optimist (because I am).... but I am also a realist.... I'd stay out of Vegas Mr Rose.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Eric Milton is pitching tonight.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

got alil captain in u?

milton will get us a win tonite harang and arroyo will get us to the 9th were everday eddie will save 3 straight games will be right on track

Milton will get us a win tonite; Harang and Arroyo will get us to the 9th where "Everday Eddie" will save 3 straight games... we'll be right on track.

One can hope, anyway.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Yes it did. We got swept like he said we would.
    Yeah, but it's a lot easier to be swept than to win 3 in a row. I just wish they'd create their own misery in 9 innings instead of 13.

I thought this team was on verge of collapse before they swept the Cards and the Astros on the road a few weeks back. They rallied from there to make things interesting the last 3 weeks.

They seem on the verge of collapse again now. The offense certainly hasn't given up. But the starters have backslid (to their norm) and the pen is doing its darndest to shoot a curare-tipped dart into the team's neck.

The NL Central is ripe for picking. The Cards, Reds, Brewers, and Astros are all trying to get there. Winning the next 3 would be a real statement. 2-1 would be OK. Anything under that and this team is tipping towards the abyss.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    I thought this team was on verge of collapse before they swept the Cards and the Astros on the road a few weeks back. They rallied from there to make things interesting the last 3 weeks.

They seem on the verge of collapse again now. The offense certainly hasn't given up. But the starters have backslid (to their norm) and the pen is doing its darndest to shoot a curare-tipped dart into the team's neck.

The NL Central is ripe for picking. The Cards, Reds, Brewers, and Astros are all trying to get there. Winning the next 3 would be a real statement. 2-1 would be OK. Anything under that and this team is tipping towards the abyss.
    That's a perfect synopsis of the situation.

Usually when you see division with so many middling teams (and this applies to the NL and AL West as well) the winner turns out to be the club that figures out how to beat up on the rest clubs in the division. When a club does that, and when you've got four teams in the mix invariably one does, it not only elevates itself, but it simultaneously eliminates the competition.

The Reds and Astros have been the two strongest clubs vs. the division so far this season, but the Brewers are on a 10-2 roll in the NL Central with three home games against the Cubs leading into the break. Here's the breakdown of how many each contender has against the other contenders and the two pushovers (Cubs and Pirates) after the break:

Reds
    Contenders - 22, Pushovers - 16

Brewers
    Contenders - 26, Pushovers - 14

Cardinals
    Contenders - 24, Pushovers - 16

Astros
    Contenders - 26, Pushovers - 16
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Turn Off Ads?