Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Listen to Marty while watching the Reds

redsin2006

Listen to Marty while watching the Reds

delayplay.com
    FYI
    For a mere $150, there's a device out there that you can attach to your receiver to delay the radio signal to up to 16 seconds. Essentially, you can sycronize your radio to the tv screen, and George Grande no longer.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Listen to Marty while watching the Reds

Quote Originally Posted by redsin2006
    delayplay.com
    FYI
    For a mere $150, there's a device out there that you can attach to your receiver to delay the radio signal to up to 16 seconds. Essentially, you can sycronize your radio to the tv screen, and George Grande no longer.
    that would be great for football too. the price is a little too steep IMO. If anyone gets this, let me know how it works out.
    Last edited by Jpup; 07-07-2006 at 03:31 AM.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

RisingReds

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    that would be great for football too. the price is a little too steep IMO. If anyone gets this, let me know how it works out.
    nothing is too steep when it involves " no more george grande" lol

Quote Originally Posted by RisingReds
    "Ain't no mountain high enough.... ain't no river wide enough!"
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by RisingReds
    I don't have a choice. I have to mostly watch game archives after the game has already finished, as I don't get FSN Ohio in my area. Why? I don't know.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I listen via XM Radio and the broadcast (radio) is about 12 seconds behind the TV. I have TIVO so I can delay the TV side of it.

(Fingers crossed for a win tonight )
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Mute button is free!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Does anybody here LIKE listening to Grande?

How does he still have a job?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny-Distefano

he has been in the business forever. it's just like anything else, politics. he's probably a nice guy. someone in the Reds leadership probably plays golf with him or some such nonsense.

to answer your question, I don't know. He is terrible.

anyone up for starting a fire George Grande web site?

He's "folksy" and that plays well here in our little corner of hades.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Plus he's a great guy. Both in and out of the booth. You know his story. Always does the little things. A natural leader in the truck. And he calls the game the way it's supposed to be called. Etc.

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    He's "folksy" and that plays well here in our little corner of hades.
    Dizzy Dean was "folksy" George is vanilla, he's the eleven o'clock service in the church of tired hyprbole and forced metaphors.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I subscribe to MLB.TV and not MLB Radio because I like listening to Grande better than listening to Marty. I also like listening to George better than not seeing the game at all. Other than that, I don't like it so much.

Gotta try this with XM and digital cable (no tivo though). This seems like the greatest invention ever though, too much for me right now.

Turn Off Ads?