Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If I were GM...

Re: If I were GM...

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    So I guess the above quote from The Kriv (From Marc Lancaster at cincypost.com) is a complete lie. To acomplish what exactly? What purpose would such a lie accomplish? Please explain to us what sort of evil plot is going on behind our backs?

This is the second time in two days that people have claimed Reds management to be liars (The Kriv specifically) with zero, zip, nada evidence to support their statements. No proof. No back-up. Nothing.

6 months is all management gets in Cincinnati to build a world series winning powerhouse team. If it doesn't happen by then look out!! An entire gaggle of arm-chair GM's who've never stepped foot into the front office will jump all over them and criticize there every last move. And begin to float conspiricy laced ideas about their alleged sinister deeds.

I have no problems with people not liking the management's decisions, complaining about them, or debating them. But to start to claim that management, or a specific person, is overtly lieing to acomplish some nefarious plot is 100% silly.
    You don't find it odd that as soon as the Reds could find a way to get Edwin on the roster (by sending Elizardo on a start in Dayton over the break) he was magically ready to play? You don't think he could have come back sooner?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    You don't find it odd that as soon as the Reds could find a way to get Edwin on the roster (by sending Elizardo on a start in Dayton over the break) he was magically ready to play? You don't think he could have come back sooner?
    A trade in the works (Guardado), and the roster crunch that goes along with it, maybe?

It's not as easy as just sending a guy down and calling him up. Wayne obviously had some moves in the offing, and Edwin was not the top priority at the time.

I think it was just that simple.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    It sounds as if they wanted him to play a few games at 1B and the OF. Also, from what EE has said, his ankle still isn't 100%. I'm sure they wanted him as close to 100% as possible.

Turn Off Ads?