Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 175 lbs.
    Bats: left
    Throws: left
    Position: starting pitcher
    Team: Dayton Dragons
    Number: 18
    Draft: 7th round (#198 overall) by Cincinnati Reds in 2004 amateur draft
    School: Edouard Montpetit High School (Pierrefonds, Quebec, Canada)
    How Acquired: 2004 amateur draft

Bio: A Baseball Canada national junior team MVP, Philippe-Alexandre Valiquette is said to have a lot of potential and is highly-touted in the Reds system. Still just a teenager, it has been said that his fastball can dial up to 95 MPH to accomodate his solid curveball and changeup. But despite his potential, he has struggled thus far in his career.

2004 didn't have Valiquette playing professional baseball (due to him signing late in the year, believed to be because of visa issues), but in 2005, he displayed major control problems for Billings and Dayton. 2006 has been more of the same so far as his WHIP is up to 1.97 this year. Still, in 2006, he has undergone his share of adversity (which includes a trip to the disabled list for a strained oblique and going to the temporary inactive list to mourn his grandmother's death at the end of June), but there is still plenty of time to salvage this season and put together the groundwork for a bright future. He's a left-hander with heat (not to mention a groundball pitcher), so he will be given more than his fair share of chances to show off his stuff.

Career Stats:
    Code:
    W  L ERA   G GS CG SV    IP   H   R ER HR BB  K WHIP
    6 10 6.69 38 28	 0  0 122.1 156 109 91  9 75 84 1.89
    2006 Stats:
    Code:
    W L  ERA  G GS CG SV IP  H  R ER HR BB SO WHIP
    2 4 7.54 12  9  0  0 37 52 39 31  5 21 24 1.97

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Prospect Profile: Philippe-Alexandre Valiquette

Ok... I NOT trying to piss anyone off. I'm just giving an FYI.....
    Valiquette is not back with the DRAGONS. No one has heard from him.
    "Life is like a baseballgame. When you think a fastball is coming, you gotta be ready to hit the Change UP"

Stats should say 6'1" and 190 pounds.

The kid is from around here and I've seen him in the spring, he is a bit over 190. He played with my son 4 years ago and I keep in touch with his family, that is why I follow him much closer than any other players. I, too, would like to see him back and I don't know what is happening but I know this :

Valiquette is not back with the DRAGONS. No one has heard from him
    They have heard from him...believe me!.....and he is not cutting trees or on a fashion show tour.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsUp

They have heard from him...believe me!.....and he is not cutting trees or on a fashion show tour.
    Hope he and his family are ok and that he is back soon

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

BA listed him as "suspended" in their recent minor-league transaction update.

Valiquette hasn't started any games this year, but he's pitched a minimum of three innings in each appearance. Amazingly, he has cut his WHIP and H/IP in half since last year and has been doing extremely well in rookie ball. You have to figure it won't be long before he returns to Dayton. Hopefully whatever issues were in his life have been sorted out so he can focus on his future in baseball.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

He was just promoted to Dayton to work out of the bullpen during the stretch drive.

nm
    Last edited by remdog; 08-12-2007 at 08:44 PM.

Turn Off Ads?