I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mascots are evil

Gotta watch out for those giant frogs
    Go Gators!

I saw someone get groped by the Richmond Rooster last year. I think it was a mutual affection thing, though.
    Last edited by dabvu2498; 07-07-2006 at 04:42 PM.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

The first Mrs. '62 worked for a while as a tour guide at Disneyworld. We knew a lot of the characters, and the groping is a common practice.

Winnie the Pooh could get away with murder, and it looked cute and harmless.

The other side of the coin was that the characters get pounded by little kids, who run up to them and wail on them, to the laughter of their parents. The character is in that incredibly hot suit cursing the little ankle biters while the crowd thinks it's funny.

This was back in the '70's, and once at a party I found out that Chip and Dale were heroin addicts, and later on Snow White became a popular stripper in Orlando.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    The other side of the coin was that the characters get pounded by little kids, who run up to them and wail on them, to the laughter of their parents. The character is in that incredibly hot suit cursing the little ankle biters while the crowd thinks it's funny.
    True. Back in 1978 or '79, the first time my family went to Kings Island, my little brother (who was only about 4 years old at the time) was so excited when he saw Barney Rubble that he ran up to hug him, and instead unloaded with a form tackle that Reggie Williams would have been proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    This was back in the '70's, and once at a party I found out that Chip and Dale were heroin addicts, and later on Snow White became a popular stripper in Orlando.
    Did she use "Snow White" as her stage name?
    Last edited by Big Klu; 07-08-2006 at 06:06 PM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Mr. Red was a little disturbing at Redsfest a couple of years ago. I was with two friends of mine and we went to get our picture taken with him. He put his arm around me, which was fine, but the problem was that he wouldn't let go when the picture was done. It was funny at first but turned a little uncomfortable the more he wouldn't let go. Needless to say, once he finally did let go, I got the h-e-double hockey sticks away from him. It was creepy.

I saw someone get groped by the Richmond Rooster last year.
    It seems like everytime I see The Gapper directly interacting with a person he appears to be....um...how do I say it delicatley.....humping them. I think it's just that the costume is so bulky that a slight movement by the person inside is maginifed on the costume, but it always creeps me out to see Gapper standing behind someone doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu

Did she use "Snow White" as her stage name?

Nope, but they sure advertised it
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I saw someone get groped by the Richmond Rooster last year. I think it was a mutual affection thing, though.
    I miss "Rowdy." The kids miss him more though. Good lord they tortured that poor guy.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

I guess Randall Simon had it right after all, and to think we judged him so harshley.
    Last edited by Elam; 07-10-2006 at 11:07 PM.

Can he be stopped?

The last game I went to (The debacle vs. the White Sox, it was a Friday, perhaps the 16th?) I personally saw Mr. Red pinch a lady's bum. Silly fellow...

Turn Off Ads?