Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hancock or Majewski?

Hancock or Majewski?

Josh Hancock: 47IP, .94WHIP, 32K, 3.26ERA
    Gary Majewski: 55IP, 1.34WHIP, 34K, 3.58ERA

Who would you guys rather have right now? We should have waited until the all star break and traded Hancock for Carpenter and Rolen!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Can he be stopped?

Re: Hancock or Majewski?

Majewski did not help his case tonight.... nor did Clayton

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner44
    I didn't think so either, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, travel, new team etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner44
    Nor did Lopez or Kearns for the Nats

They call me "chef"

I was hoping Majewski would strike out the side on 2 pitches. Didn't happen.

Can he be stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDavidKY
    I didn't think so either, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, travel, new team etc.

Its true... Lopez and Kearns went a combined 0-7 with 10 LOB, a pair of walks and a HBP. Hardly stellar. But Kearns did just throw out a runner at home to stop the bleeding in the 8th. Pirates lead 7-4, and unless the Nats get lucky we won't see Ears or Lopez again tonight. Lopez also had an error on an eazy DP ball, and that washinton relief pitching just gave up 2 runs in the 8th in what WAS a 1 run game.

Kearns also got doubled off 1st in an unassisted DP by Sean.
    Last edited by Dunner44; 07-14-2006 at 09:59 PM.

also majewski hasnt pitched in a week so maybe just a little rusty

Hancock would be, by far, the best arm in the Reds' bullpen.

Wayne should have called me first. I would have set him straight.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I'm not a fan of Hancock but the way he has pitched this season I would rather have him and be able to use Kearns and or Lopez for another trade than Majewski.

I did like Hancock out of the bullpen with the Reds last year. But that was a different situation for him. Given the state of our bullpen before the trade was made I am sure Hancock's arm would be ready to fall off by now. Magic has nasty stuff and I for one was not worried one bit when Narron made the call to the pen. Couldn't say that a week ago.

Is Clayton actually gonna start? Aurilia's bat is about 7 times better and his defense at short is probably just as good if not better. If Aurilia doesn't play, then my opinion on the future of this organization is much less optimistic.

Would Hancock be pitching as well as he is if he was never released by the Reds? He's a human being after all, it's reasonable to assume that being released shook him up or pissed him off enough to make him work a little harder than he had been. It's human nature.

I'm not sold on looking at this argument with stats only. I'll trust WK on this one so far.

Easy answer: Hancock.

We had him. He was all ours, until we handed him over to the Cards, receiving nothing of value in return.

Then, lo and behold, in his absence, our bullpen posted the worst ERA of any team in the National League. Up a creek without a paddle, we dealt away Kearns and Lopez -- two of our most proficient young everyday players -- to secure middle relievers to do a job for us that Hancock was well equipped to handle this season.

Front office apologists can couch this lopsided trade as a move toward pitching and defense. But let's be honest about what really happened.

Krivsky exhibited a magic touch in picking up Phillips, Ross, Hatteberg and Arroyo this spring. On the flip side, he made a colossal blunder in backing up Narron on Hancock and Wagner, exposing the ugliest warts of our horrendous bullpen.

We got fleeced then. Now, we've been taken to the cleaners a second time to try to compensate for that first rash and inexcusable blunder.

If Krivsky's mantra really is pitching and defense, then he should never have permitted Narron to cut Hancock before we had a chance this spring to see his stuff. Fat guys can't pitch? Tell that to David Wells.

Right now I think Majewski is going to be a tad better and at the end of the season I think it will probably be the same. And when all is said and done I think that Hancock and Majewski will probably post similar career numbers from this point right now until the end of both of their respective careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude
    Is Clayton actually gonna start? Aurilia's bat is about 7 times better and his defense at short is probably just as good if not better. If Aurilia doesn't play, then my opinion on the future of this organization is much less optimistic.
    Rich will play plenty...at 3rd
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?