Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Narron temporarily transforms to Bob Boone

Narron temporarily transforms to Bob Boone

Bottom of 9, no outs. Denorfio on 1st and Dunn batting. I don't care if it is Dunn, Bench or Babe Ruth....the batter has to try to sac the baserunner to scoring position. I am not interested in hearing that Dunn is not a good bunter. He isn't a good hitter for average either.

Narron has to give us a chance in this position. No excuses.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RotoHester

Re: Narron temporarily transforms to Bob Boone

I'm sorry, I'm still trying to figure out why he took out EE with the bases loaded and 1 out. EE was 2-2 so far and has been hitting the ball on the screws when he actually gets a chance to play. I am a fan of Hatte, but I just do not understand the move there.

I like the EE move. The guys is 2 for 2 and gets yanked for pitch hitter that strikes out. Bases loaded no outs. Freakin classic!!

Quote Originally Posted by wojo1025
    I'm sorry, I'm still trying to figure out why he took out EE with the bases loaded and 1 out. EE was 2-2 so far and has been hitting the ball on the screws when he actually gets a chance to play. I am a fan of Hatte, but I just do not understand the move there.

I was going to vent on that, too....but, the bottom of the ninth fiasco was just such a basic mistake.

What about the second chance to score some runs and you need a sac. fly and the pitch hitter you choose.....Valentin??? WHERE IS GRIFFEY!?!?!?!

This has to be the worst game Narron has managed! Castilleni has to be pissed or at least choking Tom Hanks!!

Bunting Freel to third with none out and your #2 hitter at the plate qualifies as Boone-esque.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I like the EE move. The guys is 2 for 2 and gets yanked for pitch hitter that strikes out. Bases loaded no outs. Freakin classic!!
    Complain about the EE move all you want. It's peanuts.

Admiditly hindsight is easer, but the decision to not PH for Arroyo in the 6th, with the bases loaded was a far more significant error. It's not as fun to argue over because it doesn't involve one of the anointed saviors of baseball, but on a real baseball level it had much bigger implications.

We just got a new bullpen, BA has been rode hard this year and could use some rest and getting some runs would have been nice. Thats the decision that I think has a bigger impact on the game.

GOREDSGO32

Who cares? All they got was an Aurilia walk out of that inning regardless. How are we going to bash Narron when the players couldn't get a FLY OUT in two innings to drive in a lousy run? Or catch a pop fly that would have continued a game? A routine flyball for God's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by GOREDSGO32
    Who cares? All they got was an Aurilia walk out of that inning regardless. How are we going to bash Narron when the players couldn't get a FLY OUT in two innings to drive in a lousy run? Or catch a pop fly that would have continued a game? A routine flyball for God's sake.

Aurillia's walk happened after Denorfia was caught stealing after he wasn't sacrificed over. Some people just don't get it.

admiditly hindsight is easer, but the decision to not PH for Arroyo in the 6th, with the bases loaded was a far more significant error.
    I think it was the 7th and I could not believe he didn't have anyone warming up when guys were getting on base and a chance the pitcher would bat. I also agree this had to be one of the worst managed games I have ever seen (heard)...unbelievable. It surpassed the blunder he made on Tues night not removing Milton.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    Complain about the EE move all you want. It's peanuts.

Admiditly hindsight is easer, but the decision to not PH for Arroyo in the 6th, with the bases loaded was a far more significant error. It's not as fun to argue over because it doesn't involve one of the anointed saviors of baseball, but on a real baseball level it had much bigger implications.

We just got a new bullpen, BA has been rode hard this year and could use some rest and getting some runs would have been nice. Thats the decision that I think has a bigger impact on the game.
    Its not highsight when everyone was banging their heads on the walls AS it happened.

And leaving Bronson is was correct....he kept us in the game (as he is Arroyo, not Milton) where as Majewski and Mercker did nothing of the sort... Bronson wasnt struggling and he was really looking good. Thats the major difference here.

Worrying about bunting was the least to worry about in this game. We had 10 hits, and only scored 2 runs.

Ryan Freel scored our runs this game...RYAN FREEL!!! No one else produced. Bunt or no bunt, you have to drive in runs.

And definitely, having Arroyo bunt, with the bases loaded....with 2 outs...that has got to be the biggest bonehead move of the century.

Why the qualifier "temporarily" in the thread title? Narron has exhibited Boone-like tendencies all summer, unfortunately with increasing frequency since he received a two-year contract extension. I'm glad he's feeling more secure. Can't say the same myself.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Dicken
    Worrying about bunting was the least to worry about in this game. We had 10 hits, and only scored 2 runs.

Ryan Freel scored our runs this game...RYAN FREEL!!! No one else produced. Bunt or no bunt, you have to drive in runs.

And definitely, having Arroyo bunt, with the bases loaded....with 2 outs...that has got to be the biggest bonehead move of the century.
    Like you could really know that Napoleon...

Turn Off Ads?