Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alfonso Soriano A Cardinal?

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Alfonso Soriano A Cardinal?

Alfonso Soriano, LF--Washington Nationals: Alfonso could be headed to the Stl. Cardinals for a minor league/pitching package

mlb4u.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Alfonso Soriano A Cardinal?

what possible minor league cardinals arms would warrant landing soriano? Wainright and Reyes but Reyes is essential to their pitching plans

be nice if Krivsky can counter this move and make a big trade with the Marlins. On yahoo it says they need a young CF

we trade Deno (CF), Claussen(SP), Travis Wood(SP), Edwin (3B) and another prospect Robert Manuel (SP)
    for Willis (SP), Herges (RP), and Cabrara (3B)

this would be a great trade for the Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445
    be nice if Krivsky can counter this move and make a big trade with the Marlins. On yahoo it says they need a young CF

we trade Deno (CF), Claussen(SP), Travis Wood(SP), Edwin (3B) and another prospect Robert Manuel (SP)
    for Willis (SP), Herges (RP), and Cabrara (3B)

this would be a great trade for the Reds!
    Or you could just do Deno for Joe Borowski and a Mitre if he gets healthy and call it a day.

P.S. The Fish would never do that deal, and no way we would be able to afford Willis and Cabs in about 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

They won't trade Willis or Cabs, not just yet.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by The_jbh
    what possible minor league cardinals arms would warrant landing soriano? Wainright and Reyes but Reyes is essential to their pitching plans
    Wainwright has been in the Major Leagues all season. The last time he was a minor leaguer was in 2005. Anthony Reyes is in the St. Louis Cardinals rotation, so he wouldn't be considered a minor leaguer either. If this report is true (I doubt it is), then it must be a package of one of the Cardinals other many minor league pitching spects.

The Cards system is weak, no way they get Sorianio without Reyes or Wainwright going to Washington.

then it must be a package of one of the Cardinals other many minor league pitching spects
    Quantity doesn't equal quality.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 07-08-2006 at 06:43 AM.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

You guys forget who the Washington GM is. JimBo wouldn't know good, young pitching if it was in front of him.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Quantity doesn't equal quality.
    Do you even know what quality prospects the Cards have?
    Last edited by MattyHo4Life; 07-08-2006 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    I know don't have very many.

Please name them.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

I can't see the Cards getting Soriano. They need pitching and Bowden would surely demand Wainright and/or Reyes. That won't happen. I do expect the Cards to make a strong bid for Reggie Sanders, though.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    It is somewhat common knowledge that the Cards system hasn't produced much of anything in prospects, either pitching or position, in years, matty. I do think you have one stud arm that I've heard a little bit about, but why not fill us in since for most of us its all we can do to keep up with the state of our own system.

Of course, Haren netted you Mulder, but youngsters like Reyes and Wainwright came from other orgs.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    I know don't have very many.

Please name them.
    I've been looking, I don't see many either. Lambert was probably considered the best before the season, but he hasn't done so great at AA Springfield.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Of course, Haren netted you Mulder, but youngsters like Reyes and Wainwright came from other orgs.
    I think Daric Barton was more responsible for netting the Cardinals Mulder than anything.

I think Reyes was developed by the Cards, but I have been wrong before.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    You guys forget who the Washington GM is. JimBo wouldn't know good, young pitching if it was in front of him.
    If Ankiel weren't injured, they could present him as the only 6-tool outfielder in the minors. Jimbo would probably trade half the team for him.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Turn Off Ads?