Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Brewers Pythag....

The Brewers Pythag....

What is up with that...just at a glance it seems their run differential is 2nd worst in the NL...anyone anticipate them crashing down hard in the 2nd half. Thoughts on this???? I was shocked when I saw that!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Man Pills

Re: The Brewers Pythag....

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels
    What is up with that...just at a glance it seems their run differential is 2nd worst in the NL...anyone anticipate them crashing down hard in the 2nd half. Thoughts on this???? I was shocked when I saw that!
    I think their differential should improve (as it has been): Ohka returns and Sheets as well.

And guys like Davis and Capellan continue to improve seemingly daily.

The Brewers had a tough go of it pitching-wise in the first half, but they've done an incredible job of improving in that department; I predict huge things from them in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I think their differential should improve (as it has been): Ohka returns and Sheets as well.

And guys like Davis and Capellan continue to improve seemingly daily.

The Brewers had a tough go of it pitching-wise in the first half, but they've done an incredible job of improving in that department; I predict huge things from them in the second half.
    There seem to be a lot who feel that way. I just don't know.

They are as bad as we are defensivly, thier pen is just as bad and they score less runs. Now their starters might get healthier and improve but then again they could just as easily stay inneffective/injured. There are no guarantees with pitching injuries.

The only thing I see as a big positive for them is they seem to have a better chance than any other NL Central team of fixing(or at least improving) some of their pitching issues internally. I seems the rest of us are pretty limited in that department.

Anyway, its such a weak division and all 4 "contenders" have such huge weak spots its really just a crapshoot. Whoever can stay healthiest and improve their pitching the most(very realative term) will win IMO.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

The Brewers have a great lineup, and if Sheets and Ohka return, their starting pitching is the best in the division. Their bullpen sucks, but so does most of the central.

They are like the Cards, Astros and Reds. If they get better health than the rest of the divsion, there's no reason they can't win it.

Turn Off Ads?