Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Chris Denorfia

White Sox Fan

Chris Denorfia

*mods if this is in the wrong forum, I apologize I'm new here*

Hi, first off I'm new to your wonderful board, and I'll be very mindful seeing how this is a reds board and try not to step on any toes. Secondly thank you for Paul Konerko. Now unto business.

Where does Chris Denorfia fit into the reds plans? Hes an incredibly talented prospect and he reminds me alot of a Kevin Youkilis only better. He appears to me (an outsider) as an ideal leadoff hitter, seeing how he has an great OBP and he chokes up on the bat, and has command of the strike zone. His stance reminds me alot of David Eckstein only not as fidgety. I ask this because after this season the white sox might possibly be in the market for a LF/lead off hitter. Scott Podsednik is getting older and entering his arb years and appears to have lost a step on the base paths and is horrid in LF, and i think Chris Denorfia would be a perfect fit.

Chris appears to be blocked and is getting older he will turn 26 in 6 days. Your outfield looks to be locked up until '08, with Dunn in LF, Griffey in CF, and Kearns in RF. I've read that Dunn has said he will not move to first base, so that doesn't leave Chris an everyday role with the reds in the OF and you already have a lead off hitter in Ryan Freel.

I also understand pitching has been your Achilles' heel, your offense is right there with the white sox. The white sox are deep in pitching at both the mlb and milb level so i was wondering what it would take to acquire Chirs? P Charlie Haeger and/or 1B Casey Rogowski?

thanks in advance for any response.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chris Denorfia

Maybe Kenny W shouldn't have traded Chris Young I would think that the Sox would have to give more than that. Maybe Lance Broadway for Denorfia straight up.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

*edit*

The Sox should trade for Griffey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

griffey should be given away

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

given away?

Griffey has value to give him away would be my definition of insanity.

he is blocking the development of the position for someone who will outperform him long after his departure, he is eating salary

White Sox Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanatic
    Maybe Kenny W shouldn't have traded Chris Young I would think that the Sox would have to give more than that. Maybe Lance Broadway for Denorfia straight up.
    Pitching > Position Players, always has been, always will be. All though Broadway is doing well hes is still 2-2 1/2 years from the show. Honestly our most MLB level ready pitching would be Charlie Haeger(knuckle baller) Charlie Hough said he has the best knuckle balls since wakefield, Sean Tracey(high GB/K) and Heath Phillips, you guys are in desperate need of help in the pitching and once again i can name 4 relieves who would be available with MLB experience that are better than your BP sans "every day eddie" and coffee; Augstin Montero, Cliff Politte, Tim Redding and Boone Logan(went from advanced rookie ball all the ways to the bigs, left handed and he has alot of potential, hes only 21).

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    given away?
    Maybe we could add in some nice wrapping paper and a cute card?
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by beautox
    Pitching > Position Players, always has been, always will be. All though Broadway is doing well hes is still 2-2 1/2 years from the show. Honestly our most MLB level ready pitching would be Charlie Haeger(knuckle baller) Charlie Hough said he has the best knuckle balls since wakefield, Sean Tracey(high GB/K) and Heath Phillips, you guys are in desperate need of help in the pitching and once again i can name 4 relieves who would be available with MLB experience that are better than your BP sans "every day eddie" and coffee; Augstin Montero, Cliff Politte, Tim Redding and Boone Logan(went from advanced rookie ball all the ways to the bigs, left handed and he has alot of potential, hes only 21).
    Few catchers can catch knuckleballers... I'd never wanna bank on a knuckleballer as a top prospect...

If I had it my way, Griffey or Dunn would be at 1B and Denorfia would be in the OF...

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    The Sox should trade for Griffey.
    Basically, we (the Reds) traded Konerko for Griffey...Konerko for Cameron, Cameron (and some others) for Griffey...so it just seems fair to me, that if the Sox want Griffey, that they should trade us Konerko for Griffey. Right? I mean, it worked once before.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

you guys are in desperate need of help in the pitching and once again i can name 4 relieves who would be available with MLB experience that are better than your BP sans "every day eddie" and coffee; Augstin Montero, Cliff Politte, Tim Redding and Boone Logan(went from advanced rookie ball all the ways to the bigs, left handed and he has alot of potential, hes only 21).
    1st I would say that although I don't know Montero and Logan, I can't imagine any of those guys being better than Todd Coffey (when he isn't tipping his pitches, like he is right now) and also I wouldn't trade David Weathers for Tim Redding if it's the one I am thinking of. Politte I would consider dealing for although he is not nearly as productive as he was last year.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?