Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time to gut this team like a fish. Sale, Sale, Sale

Re: Time to gut this team like a fish. Sale, Sale, Sale

Lets tear down and start over I think not. Rebuilding is just that a project that sets you back 3 or 4 years. Yes a team like the Marlins got very good prospects out of their trades but for every Marlin rebuilding project you have I will show you a Tampa or a Pittsburgh. These teams are continually rebuilding. We have a good core group of players signed to financially sound deals. Keep the core and see what we can get for the veterans such as Hat, Rich, and Griffey.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport
    griffey the onanistic,
    According to Genesis 38:7-9, when Onan had sexual intercourse with Tamar he "spilt his seed upon the ground" because the resulting child would be considered his late brother's, not his. In response to this transgression, God killed Onan.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

If, however Onan, had decided the use his advanced scouts intelligence, and occasionally, only occasionally, spill the seed to the right of the shortstop, then perhaps the downtrodden, despondent, lugubrious franchise would soar like Icarus

I think you have to sell too if the right deal comes along. This team doesnt have a realistic shot, especially with Sheets Ohka and Clemens in the mix in the second half. I am not saying make stupid moves that will hurt our future but as far as the simple question of buyers or sellers I would hope the Reds are sellers. (unless we can replace the entire bullpen)

Let's not panic, we are still in this thing, every team has its share of slumps throughout the season. If we are going to sell players then we need to focus on dumping these guys and only these guys:

Hatteberg, Aurilia, Mercker, Weathers, Larue, Valentin, Yan, Guardado, Griffey, Milton, Claussen and yes Lopez.

Lopez is my wild card, because we can move Phillips to SS and Freel plays 2nd, till the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes
    Let's not panic, we are still in this thing, every team has its share of slumps throughout the season. If we are going to sell players then we need to focus on dumping these guys and only these guys:

Hatteberg, Aurilia, Mercker, Weathers, Larue, Valentin, Yan, Guardado, Griffey, Milton, Claussen and yes Lopez.

Lopez is my wild card, because we can move Phillips to SS and Freel plays 2nd, till the off season.
    That is what gets the Reds into this mess to begin with. They dump players to rid themself of salaries or just to dump that player. They get very little in return and never really rebuild. You have to trade something to get something.

I would love to get rid of all those guys but realistically they are not going to net anything substantial except Lopez. I am for dealing Lopez, Dunn, and Arroyo as long as the its the right deal. We cant build a frachise around a guy who hits under .250 and strikes out 200 times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5
    Lets tear down and start over I think not. Rebuilding is just that a project that sets you back 3 or 4 years. Yes a team like the Marlins got very good prospects out of their trades but for every Marlin rebuilding project you have I will show you a Tampa or a Pittsburgh. These teams are continually rebuilding. We have a good core group of players signed to financially sound deals. Keep the core and see what we can get for the veterans such as Hat, Rich, and Griffey.
    Pitt and Tampa Dumped players and/or their salaries they never really dealt form a place of power to get the most for them. Florida did. The Reds are in a place of power to trade. They don't have to Trade a Dunn or Bronson unless they get the most they can. I wouldn't mind having that kid that Tampa got from the Mets what was his name again? I think the Reds passed over him in the draft or something like that.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

If our second place team holds a firesale at the All Star break, I think the baseball fans of Cincinnati should riot in the streets. Gather up the sharpened yard tools from the garage, fill your pockets and purses with Hudy Light empties and head on down to GABP!

what is our record in the last 25 games? like 6-19? just curious

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes
    If we are going to sell players then we need to focus on dumping these guys and only these guys:

While I don't think it's at all time to back up the truck, I do think if we start to loose steam in the 2nd half unloading veterans that won't be back next year is a no brainer. However, I think out of the group listed above I would be only willing to give up on: Aurilia, Mercker, Weathers, LaRue, Yan and Milton.

Even by moving these guys your not going to get very much in return low to mid-range minor leaguers.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    If our second place team holds a firesale at the All Star break, I think the baseball fans of Cincinnati should riot in the streets. Gather up the sharpened yard tools from the garage, fill your pockets and purses with Hudy Light empties and head on down to GABP!

Nah, most them would say "Oh well..when do the bengals play?"
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by b_combs23
    I would love to get rid of all those guys but realistically they are not going to net anything substantial except Lopez. I am for dealing Lopez, Dunn, and Arroyo as long as the its the right deal. We cant build a frachise around a guy who hits under .250 and strikes out 200 times a year.
    Even though you're patentely wrong about Dunn, (no need to get into that) why would you want get rid of Arroyo. We have him locked up on the cheap for two more years. Lopez needs to be traded while he still has value. I would also look to trade Freel.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Nah, most them would say "Oh well..when do the bengals play?"
    Isn't that what we're all really thinking around here anyways?

Except GAC. I think he's a Borwnies fan.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    Isn't that what we're all really thinking around here anyways?

Except GAC. I think he's a Borwnies fan.
    Nope... not me.

Turn Off Ads?