Ok, thinking positive now, what changes could happen from within to give the Reds a strong 2nd half?
Here are some possibilities:
1. Claussen returns and pitches like he's capable of including 10 - 12 quality starts and an ERA hovering around 4.00
2. Belisle gets more innings and turns in a second half like he had last year and becomes a reliable 7th inning guy
3. Merker continues his recent good pitching and becomes a reliable 7th and 8th inning guy to play matchups with Belisle and Coffey
4. Coffey gets back to what he was doing earlier as the 8th inning set up guy
5. Encarnacion gets playing time and turns up the offense to the tune of a 2nd half with .300 15hr and 50+ rbi
6. Griffey gets hot like he did last year in the 2nd half
7. Weathers either figures it out or goes on the DL and someone from Louisville gets another shot (Wagner?)
Which of these are most likely and will have the biggest impact? I'd say Claussen and Belisle. What others did I leave out?