Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Freel Set to Have MRI on Shoulder

Re: Freel Set to Have MRI on Shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    When I read stuff like this I become CONVINCED that the Reds are being cursed at a karmic level by their own fandom.

Encarnacion hustles plenty. I've seen most every game of his game of his MLB career and can't once recall thinking his effort was lacking. In fact, everything I've seen from him and read about him indicates he's a hard working kid.

As for what Larkin and Schmidt and a host of other past players have to do with Encarnacion, you might have noticed that a lot of leftside IFs who go onto win GGs and become noted for their leather-slapping skills commit a bunch of errors in their first few seasons. In fact, it's a downright common occurrence.
    I really don't think Edwin has a problem with effort. Sometimes I actually think he tries too hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    It's totally insane the amount of pressure that this kid has. I blame this on the general manager though. There is no way in the world that Krivsky should allow Edwin to sit on the bench unless it's still the ankle.
    Or maybe Narron is on some kind of post-contract extension power trip?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    It's totally insane the amount of pressure that this kid has. I blame this on the general manager though. There is no way in the world that Krivsky should allow Edwin to sit on the bench unless it's still the ankle.
    If Edwin has to worry about being benched after every error, he is only going to commit more errors.

Narron is well on his way to ruining him.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Narron is well on his way to ruining him.
    He's a step away from Chris Brown and Willie Green he is.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    He's a step away from Chris Brown and Willie Green he is.
    Nah, I'm pretty sure he's mentally tough enough to survive nonsense like this without much trouble. My only worry with Encarnacion is that another team will liberate him when the Reds are in one of their "don't trust the kids" moods.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I guess part of the problem with our two young infielders is that they do not show enough emotion out there. No bat throwing after a strikeout, no anguished looks after an error. At least that is what I gathered after listening to the first part of the game and the Tracy Jones Show after the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Nah, I'm pretty sure he's mentally tough enough to survive nonsense like this without much trouble. My only worry with Encarnacion is that another team will liberate him when the Reds are in one of their "don't trust the kids" moods.
    I'm being facetious, I think they have parlayed the AS break into an extended rest after the run of games, JJ Hardy badly sprained his ankle in Mid May and he's still out, I'm of the opinion that caution, plus not having a shortage at 3rd is making then play the safe card on this.

Plus I also believe part of the reason Juan Castro was brought in is to make sure Chris or Willie never show up to visit EE.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I guess part of the problem with our two young infielders is that they do not show enough emotion out there. No bat throwing after a strikeout, no anguished looks after an error. At least that is what I gathered after listening to the first part of the game and the Tracy Jones Show after the game.
    Yep, I had to listen to my friend rag on Eric Chavez at the Colisieum the other day for the exact same reason.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

As for what Larkin and Schmidt and a host of other past players have to do with Encarnacion, you might have noticed that a lot of leftside IFs who go onto win GGs and become noted for their leather-slapping skills commit a bunch of errors in their first few seasons. In fact, it's a downright common occurrence.
    Yep. Of course, the trick is to tell the Future Gold Glovers Getting Adjusted from the Guys Who Will Never Hit The Side Of A Barn.

I'm not big on the Narron Hates EdE conspiracy theory, as he was still playing regularly when he got hurt, but I can see where the longer the Reds stay in nominal contention the less patience JN's likely to show for anyone's rookie growing pains. That's a shame, because EdE needs to play.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Arcanum Ohio via Nashville Tn and Jackson MS.

That's part of it Chip, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed
    I'm not big on the Narron Hates EdE conspiracy theory, as he was still playing regularly when he got hurt, but I can see where the longer the Reds stay in nominal contention the less patience JN's likely to show for anyone's rookie growing pains. That's a shame, because EdE needs to play.
    The question has become, do the Reds play for this season or next?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    The question has become, do the Reds play for this season or next?
    You play for both.

Edwin is your best option at 3rd base. When we had sucess earlier in the year, he was playing 3rd.

I guess part of the problem with our two young infielders is that they do not show enough emotion out there. No bat throwing after a strikeout, no anguished looks after an error.
    I can't tell if you're joking. That is in no way the problem with Lopez or Encarnacion. That is the problem with how some people evaluate the effort of our two young infielders.

Anybody can throw a bat or appear anguished. You know how?

John Lovitz: Acting!

Phil Hartman: Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    I can't tell if you're joking. That is in no way the problem with Lopez or Encarnacion. That is the problem with how some people evaluate the effort of our two young infielders.

Anybody can throw a bat or appear anguished. You know how?

John Lovitz: Acting!

Phil Hartman: Brilliant!
    I am pretty sure he was kidding.

Arcanum Ohio via Nashville Tn and Jackson MS.

I will ask all you EE lovers and fans this question before I retire for the night,,,,,Are we trying to win the division this year or giving up and just training the future AAA players for the future? Think about it. We have a decent chance this year, why let EE toss it away.

Sleep good my friends.

Turn Off Ads?