Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who is larue talking to?

who is larue talking to?

this was briefly covered in last nights game thread but who is larue talking to..everytime he is batting and the camera zooms in on him he is having a full blown conversation with himself? even when he is a good 10 feet away from the plate?!?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: who is larue talking to?

Catcher or umpire, probably.

Unless he's going over what he wants to do in that at-bat and is just talking out loud to himself.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN
    this was briefly covered in last nights game thread but who is larue talking to..everytime he is batting and the camera zooms in on him he is having a full blown conversation with himself? even when he is a good 10 feet away from the plate?!?
    he's always done that. He's talking to himself. There are a lot of guys that do that.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN
    You'd be praying too, if you were hitting the way he is this season.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

He said in an interview earlier this season that he's basically telling himself to watch for a certain pitch from that particular pitcher, and to keep his hands back etc etc. He looks bloody crazy when doing it.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    he's always done that. He's talking to himself. There are a lot of guys that do that.
    Crash Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    He said in an interview earlier this season that he's basically telling himself to watch for a certain pitch from that particular pitcher, and to keep his hands back etc etc. He looks bloody crazy when doing it.
    Maybe he should quit saying this, because then the catcher puts down the opposite sign, (after LaRue telling him what he is looking for) thus making LaRue whiff at the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio
    Crash Davis
    At least Crash did it silently, in his head.

After watching years of his horrific footwork at the plate, I tivo'd his ab's and replayed them in slo-mo. I then brought in a lip reader, and here's what he's mumbling

you put your left foot in, you take your left foot out, you put your left foot in, and you....

One of the nuggets he learned while being mentored by Bob Boone.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

I feel like I am hard enough on LaRue so I wont say anything.

But it was a good one...

Jobu
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    I do. It's the only time I can have an intelligent conversation.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

He's asking himself where he'll be living at the end of the month, and if he'll still be a back up for another team.

If the answer is Philly, then pass along a message that I have an extra room for ya, LaRue.

Did anyone notice him having this half smile on his face when he replaced David Ross last night. I may need to clean my glasses off again but I swear he looked like he was somewhat pleased.

I talk to myself at the plate too, and the Ump after one game asked if I was "special" because I carried whole conversations with myself about the pitcher and talking to myself about bad swings and stuff. It really didn't help too much, I only batted .237, hopefully I will bat better this next year as a Junior!
    Let's make some noise!

Turn Off Ads?