Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Observations from Mrs. Fan

Observations from Mrs. Fan

The misses & I were in right field for Saturday's game. After a decade together, she's definitely coming around on following baseball.

(The other night when Dunn hit the walk-off grand slam against Cleveland, I found her watching the game tracker. She said that she really liked that & it was a good way for her to understand what was going on. )

Anyway, here are some of her observations from the game:

"Jeez. Andruw Jones is FAT! His butt is about 3 times as big as it was a few years ago. Look - in his photo on the scoreboard, he's even got a double chin!"

Yep, Jones has seriously porked up. He either needs to push himself away from the dinner table & onto a treadmill, or he's no longer going to be able to cover 1/2 of the OF. Knee and hamstring issues are in his not so distant future. Conversely, if he's going to fall on his butt after every other swing, then I guess it makes sense to get some padding back there.

"120 pitches? Isn't that a lot? Why don't they (the Reds) bring in another pitcher?"

Dear, the sad thing is that a tired starting pitcher is still better than just about any reliever that the Reds could bring in to replace him...

"That homerun that Jeff Francouer hit was in just about the same spot as Jason LaRue's double. If Francouer's hit was 6 inches lower, and LaRue's hit was 6 inches higher..."

Yes. It truly is a game of inches.

"That jump & throw thing that Brandon Phillips did was pretty cool."

Yep, one of the better double play turns that I've seen from a 2b in a while.

"Why didn't Adam Dunn catch that can of corn?"

Clearly he was too busy thinking about his last strikeout.

"Smoltz's batting average isn't even .100? It's a good thing he's a good pitcher."

Smoltz then proceeded to knock in a back-breaking insurance run with a single.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Observations from Mrs. Fan

Reminds me of when Mrs.Krono attended a game with me and Brandon Webb shut the Reds out

Mrs.Krono "How can this kid be any good? he's from Kentucky!"

Go Gators!

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Reminds me of when Mrs.Krono attended a game with me and Brandon Webb shut the Reds out

Can I give Mrs. K some rep for that?
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed

My Dad would say just the opposite... "Man, this kid is good...He must be from Kentucky!"
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 23-18 - FINAL
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Go Gators!

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Kentucky has more MLB players than NFL and NBA combined...WE ARE A BASEBALL STATE!!!

Kentucky won the SEC regular season championship for the first time ever this year...just sayin
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Turn Off Ads?