Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Trade Advice:

Trade Advice:

R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, OBP, SLG, OPS. 10 team league, non-keeper.

C- V. Martinez
    1B- K. Youkilis
    2B- C. Utley
    3B- S. Rolen
    SS- D. Jeter
    OF- J. Bay
    OF- M. Holliday
    OF- C. Crawford
    UT- T. Hafner
    UT- C. Granderson
    BN- J. Gomes

I have been offered the following trade:

1B/OF Nick Swisher for OF Jonny Gomes.

Both players had horrible June's. Swisher's stats are still better overall on the season with more R, H, HR, and BB. They are fairly close in all other categories we count with Swisher having a slight lead in OBP and therefore, OPS.

What do you think, pull the trigger? I'd like to have another player besides Youkilis (or Victor Martinez) to play at 1B. This move would give me more roster flexibility. Thoughts?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Advice:

I would personally make the deal. Gomes is hurt. The Devil Rays fully admit it. They say it doesn't mess with his swing but I tend to think that any injury to your shoulder will hurt your swing.

While Swisher probably will not get back to the player he was earlier in the year, he is still going to walk a lot and score runs because of that. With your categories, he will be better than Gomes in all ofthem except maybe HRs and RBIs.

It's pretty even. If you have a limit on trades you might want to pass. If not take Swisher and his 1B eligibility.

I would make the trade.

I'd pass. The D-Rays are done with interleague play, so Gomes should get some regular playing time now. At least that's what I'm hoping for.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

I made the trade. Gomes for Swisher. Thanks all for your advice.
    I'm hoping that Swisher's 1B eligibility helps with some roster flexibility. They both have been pretty bad the past month or so, however Swisher's BB's and OBP sealed the deal for me. Even when he's not hitting, he helps more than Gomes in those two categories. Gomes' shoulder worries me as well.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?