Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Best infield Defense

Best infield Defense

Obviously infield defense, especially on the left side, has been an issue for us. That being said, in your opinion, which team's infield do you think offered the best starting line up in terms of defense? In other words, what team has the best infield defense of all time (on a consistent basis, not some fluke year where a team put up fluke numbers once)?

As always, why do you feal this way?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Best infield Defense

For longevity, the Dodger infield in the 70's/80's had to be one of the top ones. (Garvey, Lopes, Russell, Cey)

I am not sure of another infield that played that long together.
    (1973-1981)

I hate to mention these guys because I HATED the DODGERS. When we played them in the 70's and 80's, it was like a POST SEASON Game.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Still makes me want to grit my teeth when I think about those Dodger teams.

That Mets infield defense in '99, I think it was, was pretty awesome.

I think they had the fewest errors of any infield defense in history. They were actually fun to watch play defense.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

i remember watching the 70 world series and my dad remarking that with brooks robinson at 3rd and mark belanger at ss you just couldnt get a ground ball through the left side of that infield. and like the good son that i was if my dad said it i believed it. in any case, i figure that would have to be one of the better defensive infields i have seen since i have been watching baseball.

got alil captain in u?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    That Mets infield defense in '99, I think it was, was pretty awesome.

I think they had the fewest errors of any infield defense in history. They were actually fun to watch play defense.
    ventura was at third ordonez at short i alfonso at second and olerud at first if i remember right
    Last edited by captainmorgan07; 07-10-2006 at 01:51 PM.

Does my memory deceive me or was the Reds 1990 infield defense outstanding?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?