Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Scott Kazmir?

GriffeyRocks80

Scott Kazmir?

Hey Guys,

This is my first post, so please don't rough me up too much. My question is, do the Reds have enough to give in order to obtain a starter like Kazmir? If they did, would they give it? Also, would Tampa ever trade him? I swapped e-mails about this with John Fay, and he said he thinks the Tampa GM would instantly lose his job if Kazmir were traded. I'm just curious to see what you all have to say. Thanks!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Scott Kazmir?

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegger80
    Hey Guys,

This is my first post, so please don't rough me up too much. My question is, do the Reds have enough to give in order to obtain a starter like Kazmir? If they did, would they give it? Also, would Tampa ever trade him? I swapped e-mails about this with John Fay, and he said he thinks the Tampa GM would instantly lose his job if Kazmir were traded. I'm just curious to see what you all have to say. Thanks!
    This is one instance where John Fay is right. No way Tampa would ever trade him.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Kazmir was a complete steal for the TB franchise, and if they truly are trying to build good will and a promising future, he's about the last player they will want to trade. The only way they would trade a player like him is if the other franchise offered something completely overwhelming [1-2 top players and 2 top prospects, think Adam Dunn & Homer & Jay Bruce] Does it make sense for the Reds to offer that? Probably not.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Tampa Bay hopes to build a rotation around Kazmir.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Tampa Bay hopes to build a franchise around Kazmir.
    I fixed it for you.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I read an article on Yahoo that the rep for the D-Rays in the futures game is a 27 year old pitcher...in the article they talk about Delmon Young and his meltdown and then said that Upton was in more trouble than Young...what did Upton do?
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Dui

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

The Drays have quite a bit of talent in their system...just lots of trouble with their top 3 prospects between Young, Upton and Dukes. If they can get them straightened out and up at the same time, they will have a serious team in TB.

I think we could package Kearns, Dunn and Gruler straight up for Kazmir. Ofcourse the Reds have plenty to give in order to obtain a pitcher originally passed on.
    Last edited by NastyBoy; 07-12-2006 at 01:24 AM.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Gruler? is he even pitching anymore?

I think it would take Bailey/EE/Votto/Bruce to even get them to talk to us.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Gruler? is he even pitching anymore?
    Toiling in the GCL. Interesting because when he was drafted four years ago he started in the Pioneer League (a step up from the GCL).

Also of note, a few more starts and Gruler will make it to 100IP in his entire minor league career.

Turn Off Ads?