Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds done in Sarasota?

Re: Reds done in Sarasota?

I can't wait until Allen finally gets canned (Hopefully at the end of this year), so I don't have to read any more of his quotes.

More of his whining that the Reds are a small market, yet he's not shy about making big market demands to upgrade all the facilities in Sarasota. I can't believe the clubs get Florida cities to spend so much on "state of the art facilites" that are used for 6-8 weeks per year.

The Reds are going to end up looking pretty dumb if Sarasota holds its ground. I'm sure there's somewhere else the Reds could go, but it's not likely to be any better where they are now (and in fact might be worse).
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't see more advantages of not trying to get the best deal possible for the Reds. The Dodgers, Cubs, White Sox, etc make their money on high rollers who can afford first class accomadations/flights. Who can splurge on spring training vacations. Face it Reds fans. This is a Have's and Have Not economy. The top of the haves can spend more money attending one spring training game than the have nots can spend in one year of games.

I believe the Reds can make money if they put package deals that include flighs, tickets, food, accomadations, side trips, golf outings, etc. Not much money is being made in Florida by the fans that travel down by car and stay at a relative's house. The money is made by high rollers and corporate business spending the "haves' money.

The Reds should explore Arizona, which happens to be one of the fastest growing areas in the country.

You might be suprised by how many former Ohio, Cincinnati, Mid-West residents there are in Arizona and all over the southwest. There is nothing in the Colorado River water that is causing more fertility and population growth; people moved here from somewhere else and they aren't all from Mexico.
    Last edited by RBA; 07-13-2006 at 10:11 AM.

"I believe the Reds can make money if they put package deals that include flighs, tickets, food, accomadations, side trips, golf outings, etc. Not much money is being made in Florida by the fans that travel down by car and stay at a relative's house. The money is made by high rollers and corporate business spending the "haves' money"

Except in Florida, you can get the High Rollers.. AND the folks that travel down by car.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Turn Off Ads?