Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Houston Radio] Astros get Huff from TB

Re: [Houston Radio] Astros getting Tejada?

Looks like the news is they are about to acquire Huff according to Ken Rosenthal

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5778412

The Astros, poised to acquire a middle-of-the-order hitter they are seeking, are on the verge of acquiring infielder/outfielder Aubrey Huff from the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, FOXSports.com has learned. A deal could be announced as soon as Wednesday

The Devil Rays would acquire two or three minor league prospects in the trade. The level and quality of the prospects would depend on how much of Huff's remaining salary that the Rays assumed.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Roger Clemens to retire?!

lmao

(kidding)
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

with the year Huff is having I am not sure how much he would help. Tampa bay really should have traded him last year.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    Looks like the news is they are about to acquire Huff according to Ken Rosenthal

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5778412
    not quite earth shattering. Does that mean that something else is in the works?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Just what the Astros need...another 1B/3B/OF to go with Lamb, Bekrman and Ensberg. Fans will riot...

A press conference for Huff?
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

It is past 9:30 Houston time. They are running late on their press conference.

Getting Huff instead of Tejada would be like getting to meet Hawkwind instead of Led Zepplin

here it is.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

it's Huff and cash for 2 minor leaguers.

Huff and cash for Zobrist and Mitch Talbot. That's absolutely hilarious. Zobrist is quite good. Houston fans are going to be furious.

WAGS

Huff for Talbot and Ben Zobrist.

Genius!!! LMAO

"A polished, accomplished, veteran hitter..."

When did Dan0 join Houston?

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    with the year Huff is having I am not sure how much he would help. Tampa bay really should have traded him last year.

He has been tearing it up since about the 3rd week of June. His numbers on the season still aren't awe inspiring, but he has been very, very good since about the 20th of June. He's also a known 2nd half player, meaning his stats always rise in the 2nd half. That's where he makes his living.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?