Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 83

Thread: [Houston Radio] Astros get Huff from TB

  1. #46
    I thought you'd be bigger OldXOhio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Green Country
    Posts
    2,784

    Re: [Houston Radio] Astros getting Tejada?

    Quote Originally Posted by danforsman
    Just what the Astros need...another 1B/3B/OF to go with Lamb, Bekrman and Ensberg. Fans will riot...
    Unless it's a precursor to another deal.....
    Originally Posted by nate
    Chapman can be downright pornographic at times.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,545

    Re: [Houston Radio] Astros getting Tejada?

    That is funny. I was worried about them getting Tejada and their major announcement was Huff.

  4. #48
    Member Jpup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Southern KY
    Posts
    6,967

    Re: [Houston Radio] Astros getting Tejada?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    That is funny. I was worried about them getting Tejada and their major announcement was Huff.
    somebody needs to change the thread title.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

  5. #49
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,370

    Re: [Houston Radio] Astros getting Tejada?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    somebody needs to change the thread title.
    Done

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

  6. #50
    Member Marc D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,776

    Re: [Houston Radio] Astros getting Tejada?

    This is a clear example of what I've been dreading from the Reds.

    You don't trade anything of real value to get some junk, short term fix in order to try and win this division. The Central's weakness is fooling people into thinking their team is legit when its clearly not.

    If scraping together the Yan's and Guardado's of the world is enough to win it then great. If we trade a Cueto or Wood for the pitching equivilant of Aubry Huff you can look foreward to another decade or so of losing because the FO isn't nearly as good as we think they are.

  7. #51
    I thought you'd be bigger OldXOhio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Green Country
    Posts
    2,784

    Re: [Houston Radio] Astros get Huff from TB

    Why don't we wait and see what's in store before convincing ourselves that the band-aid approach of the past will continue to be employed by the current regime.
    Originally Posted by nate
    Chapman can be downright pornographic at times.

  8. #52
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,984

    Re: [Houston Radio] Astros getting Tejada?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc D
    This is a clear example of what I've been dreading from the Reds.

    You don't trade anything of real value to get some junk, short term fix in order to try and win this division. The Central's weakness is fooling people into thinking their team is legit when its clearly not.

    If scraping together the Yan's and Guardado's of the world is enough to win it then great. If we trade a Cueto or Wood for the pitching equivilant of Aubry Huff you can look foreward to another decade or so of losing because the FO isn't nearly as good as we think they are.
    Houston traded junk to acquire Huff, who should help. Not nearly as much as Tejada, obviously, but he'll help.

    If the Reds acquired the bullpen equivalent of Huff for what they surrendered in prospects, I'd be pleased.

  9. #53
    Member Marc D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,776

    Re: [Houston Radio] Astros getting Tejada?

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Houston traded junk to acquire Huff, who should help. Not nearly as much as Tejada, obviously, but he'll help.

    If the Reds acquired the bullpen equivalent of Huff for what they surrendered in prospects, I'd be pleased.
    I was under the impression one of the prospects was good, if not then disregard. My concern remains however that someone's going to get "pennant fever", trade something of value because its a few years away from helping us and next year we still won't be WS champs but we'll have a little bit weaker farm system.

  10. #54
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,984

    Re: [Houston Radio] Astros getting Tejada?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc D
    I was under the impression one of the prospects was good, if not then disregard. My concern remains however that someone's going to get "pennant fever", trade something of value because its a few years away from helping us and next year we still won't be WS champs but we'll have a little bit weaker farm system.
    Neither prospect is even Denorfia-worthy. Basically fluff.

  11. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Williamsport, PA
    Posts
    12,365

    Re: [Houston Radio] Astros get Huff from TB

    Let's see....St. Louis got LHP Jeff Weaver, the Reds got LHP Eddie Guardado and now the Astros acquire OF-lb-3b Huff. Seems to me it is the Brewers turn to make a move.

    Does anyone honestly believe this will be the last moves these teams make before September 1? Things are just getting interesting.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

  12. #56
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,984

    Re: [Houston Radio] Astros get Huff from TB

    Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Let's see....St. Louis got LHP Jeff Weaver, the Reds got LHP Eddie Guardado and now the Astros acquire OF-lb-3b Huff. Seems to me it is the Brewers turn to make a move.

    Does anyone honestly believe this will be the last moves these teams make before September 1? Things are just getting interesting.
    No I don't.

    And I also know that the Brewers and Reds have the most trading chips--and will probably be the least active.

    Loser is as loser does.

    Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow....

  13. #57
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,820

    Re: [Houston Radio] Astros getting Tejada?

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Neither prospect is even Denorfia-worthy. Basically fluff.
    Really?

    Also gaining some positive reviews in the Corpus Christi lineup is shortstop Ben Zobrist. A sixth-round pick as a senior in 2004, Zobrist is already 25, but is batting .320/.426/.469 and has more walks than strikeouts at every level he's played at, including a 27-21 mark this year. "His hands start high and he's leaning way back with his front shoulder a good ten inches higher then his back shoulder and you say to yourself, 'How is he going to do anything like that?'" said the scout. "But when he steps and lands he's balanced out and it works with his slappy stroke."

  14. #58
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,984

    Re: [Houston Radio] Astros getting Tejada?

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Really?
    He'll be 26 at the start of next season; currently he's in AA, I believe. That's fringe.

  15. #59
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,820

    Re: [Houston Radio] Astros getting Tejada?

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    He'll be 26 at the start of next season; currently he's in AA, I believe. That's fringe.
    Denorfia is older... but of course he plays for a loser, so we'll just ignore that little fact.

  16. #60
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,984

    Re: [Houston Radio] Astros getting Tejada?

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Denorfia is older... but of course he plays for a loser, so we'll just ignore that little fact.
    And Denorfia's MLB-ready.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25