Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Error on ESPN Page 2: The Questions of the Second Half

Error on ESPN Page 2: The Questions of the Second Half

By Eric Neel
    Page 2

As we begin the second half of the Major League Baseball season -- or, for our friends in Chicago, as the Dusty Baker Death Watch reaches Day 103 -- I have some questions.

(2) What did Ryan Freel ever do to Jerry Narron?

Here's what Ryan Freel does for the Reds: He steals bases, he runs into walls and bloodies his nose, he plays about 23 different positions, he gets on base at a .383 clip and pops a few home runs, and he sets a gritty, gutty tone for the club every time he suits up.

Here's what manager Jerry Narron does: Sits him. A lot. In weird fits and starts, and often right after Freel has had a spectacular day. On June 4, Freel hit two home runs, drove in three and made a great diving catch in the outfield. On June 5, he got one pinch-hit at-bat. On June 8, he went 3-for-5, hit a home run and stole a base. On June 9, Narron gave him one plate appearance and then sat him altogether on June 10. Freel played on June 12, but not the next day. He played on June 14, but not on June 16. And on and on it goes.

Not since Mommie Dearest went haywire on Christina have we seen such traumatic schizophrenic leadership.

I say, let the Free Ryan Freel campaign begin here. Send your cards and letters to: Dan O'Brien, General Manager, The National League Cincinnati Ball Club.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Re: Error on ESPN Page 2: The Questions of the Second Half

That is some serious fact checking for ya.

I'm toolsy.

It's about time someone in Bristol recognizes what is going on with this team, even if the don't know who the GM is. I couldn't agree more. Hopefully we will see a trade of either Kearns or Lopez that will bring in pitching help and free up a position for Freel.

We re-hired DanO?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Good stuff, all that Krivsky has done and they don't even know he's Cincinnati's GM.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    We re-hired DanO?
    That was the big deal that they were working on all day yesterday. We were thrown off because they leaked some fake info about Tejada and Willis.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I say, let the Free Ryan Freel campaign begin here. Send your cards and letters to: Dan O'Brien, General Manager, The National League Cincinnati Ball Club.
    We can forward it on to Danno in Milwaukee. Two strikes on this one, the legal name is Cincinnati Reds Baseball Club, Inc., not one peep about National League in the name.

Fact-checking problem aside, it's a pretty concise yet thorough analysis for a fringe player, especially coming from ESPN. Doesn't hurt that I agree with just about all of it, of course.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?