Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hawkins likely available

Hawkins likely available

This from rotoworld
    LaTroy Hawkins - R - Orioles

The Colorado Rockies have interest in trading for Orioles' reliever LaTroy Hawkins.
    Hawkins would give the Rockies a solid option before All-Star closer Brian Fuentes. Talks between the two teams reportedly haven't gotten serious yet, but they are bound to heat up prior to the July 31 trading deadline. Jul. 12 - 8:27 am et
    Wonder what it would cost the Reds for Hawkins? He, afterall, is another former Minnesota Twin. I'm guessing he could be had for a prospect about as good as Chick.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hawkins likely available

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg-
    This from rotoworld

Wonder what it would cost the Reds for Hawkins? He, afterall, is another former Minnesota Twin. I'm guessing he could be had for a prospect about as good as Chick.
    I thought Jose Mesa was the setup man for the Rockies?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    I thought Jose Mesa was the setup man for the Rockies?
    So did Jose Mesa.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Mesa=Hawkins or Hawkins=Mesa. Geesh! I hope the Reds don't go near either one.:thumbdown
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball
    Mesa=Hawkins or Hawkins=Mesa. Geesh! I hope the Reds don't go near either one.:thumbdown
    I am with you. Reclamation projects in Cincy... I was hoping that was a thing of the past. Mays, Guardardo... no mas!
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Hawkins for '06: 37 IP 45H 18R 9BB 14K 4.38 ERA plus he's due 3.5 M this year.

Thats essentially Weathers/Mercker/Belisle territory for a lot more money.

The only way I'm ok with it is if we take on his contract for a nothing prospect. Not even a Chick caliber player should be dealt for him imo.

Former Twin! Sweet!

He'd make a great setup man for Eddie Guardado....

'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc D
    Hawkins for '06: 37 IP 45H 18R 9BB 14K 4.38 ERA plus he's due 3.5 M this year.

Thats essentially Weathers/Mercker/Belisle territory for a lot more money.

The only way I'm ok with it is if we take on his contract for a nothing prospect. Not even a Chick caliber player should be dealt for him imo.
    Well, IMO he'd definitely improve our bullpen. The guy was lights out from 02-04 and wasn't bad last year for the Giants. Adding Hawkins and getting rid of Mays or Yan would be a huge improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg-
    Well, IMO he'd definitely improve our bullpen. The guy was lights out from 02-04 and wasn't bad last year for the Giants. Adding Hawkins and getting rid of Mays or Yan would be a huge improvement.

I'm with you... I think he could help our pen significantly. Weathers cant even keep the ball in the park ne more, his era is only going up. I wouldnt give a Pelland type prospect for him but a mediocore prospect and about a mil from the O's would be worth a shot

all i'm going to say about it is 3.41 K/9.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

If he's cheap why not?
    Go Gators!

I wouldn't even give up a Pelland/Chick type. He is overpaid and I think a free agent too. I'd let him go for a Ray Olmedo/Bergolla type but not a top 10 prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    all i'm going to say about it is 3.41 K/9.
    That's really all that needs to be said.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

I think most people here would give up Olmedo or Bergolla for Hawkins. I think I would. And I like both of those two.

Turn Off Ads?