Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New rotation

Re: New rotation

Juston Acheley was headed to the hall of fame until diverted by the ancient teaching of Professor Mo Sanford

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I'll be driving down from Columbus on Saturday, and will be seeing
    COL: J. Jennings (6-6, 3.67)
    CIN: B. Arroyo (9-6, 3.12 )

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    You should never, ever, make the trip exclusively to see the Reds unless they are genuinely contending.

I got stuck watching a Joey Hamilton start several years ago when I came to town exclusively to watch the Reds. I wanted to gnaw off my hands for driving and handing over that kind of scratch for that opera bouffe.

Once bitten....
    Ahh - that brings back some wonderful memories. During GABP's opening season I made two cross country trips to see the Reds in the new park - the first trip I had the "pleasure" of watching Danny Graves and Jimmy Anderson get their brains beat in and during the second John Bale and Danny Serafini played the part of Batting Practice hurler.

Good times at the ballpark

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed
    You had to see Joey Hamilton?

Too bad. If only you had gone to a different game you might have seen Jimmy Hanyes, Lance Davis, Jose Acevedo or Jimmy Anderson/

Boy, you sure missed out.

Don't forget Jared Fernandez and if you were really lucky a dose of Josias Manzanillo relieving himself so to speak...

Reds fans really deserve some special compensation and consideration for the trauma caused by this pitching staff over the last decade.

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    Ahh - that brings back some wonderful memories. During GABP's opening season I made two cross country trips to see the Reds in the new park - the first trip I had the "pleasure" of watching Danny Graves and Jimmy Anderson get their brains beat in and during the second John Bale and Danny Serafini played the part of Batting Practice hurler.

Good times at the ballpark
    I still remember a late season cross-county trip to Riverfront (never Cinergy in my book) in Dunn's rookie year when Graves blew a 6-1 lead in the 9th (Lance Davis started and actually pitched a great game)

yes but many thought Graves had a cute physiognomy

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    Anyday at the ballpark is a good day in my book. It's an awesome game and a great place to be. Of course I want the Reds to win it all, but I find simple pleasure it just being at a major league ballpark.

Some others are just miserable if we don't do anything but win, and that's their right, but to me it misses the beauty of the sport if you get lost in the angst over winning.

I have no problem with competition, by the way. Competition is a good thing and there are always winners and losers in life. My point is to get so wrapped up in mania over winning, and if you don't you are miserable, then you've missed out on the pure enjoyment of baseball. Just my opinion.

Granted, I may roll my eyes and curse my luck when I realize that I'm going to see one of our human gasoline cans start a game and I only live an hour from the park, but I'll never pass up the opportunity and I'll have a good time regardless. Few things in this life are better than sitting at the yard with a cold beer.

I'm in town for the first two games of the Mets series. Would you say that Milton and Harrang will start for these two?
    Thanks

Turn Off Ads?