Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homeruns: Can you Believe it?

Homeruns: Can you Believe it?

The game winning walkoff grandslam Dunn hit reciently was one of the more exciting and thrilling moments in baseball that I've seen in a while. I was at GABP when Javy hit a pitch-hit walkoff 3 run shot and it was pretty cool, but Dunn's was very special.

What is the best homerun you've seen live? Gamewinner or not, important playoff game or not, doesn't matter.

Mine is a homer by Bench at Riverfront in the very early 80's. I was young and forgotten most of the details. I think it was against the Dodgers and wasn't a game winner or anything but I can vividly remember the packed house exploding with excitement when he jacked one over the fence in LF (I think it was LF). I was 10 or so and it was my first real taste of baseball excitement and energy. The crowd cheared until he made a curtian call and still went for a while. I've been going to Reds games since 1977 but this one moment stands out as my first real baseball memory and my favorite baseball homer.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Homeruns: Can you Believe it?

The Dunn 535 foot home run against Lima in 2004.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Eric Davis' HR in Game 1 of the '90 World Series.

That was awesome. You could just "feel" Riverfront Stadium explode.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Juan Castro's 8th inning 3-run homer to give the Reds the lead (in 2003 just after the fire sale)... I really need to make it to more games.

Dave Ross hit one after a 2 1/2 hour rain delay the first Friday of the season against the Pirates that landed in the upper deck, it was pretty much still going up when it went into the first row.

Dave Ross hit one after a 2 1/2 hour rain delay the first Friday of the season against the Pirates that landed in the upper deck, it was pretty much still going up when it went into the first row.
    I was there for that game also. That homerun by Ross was a monster.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

I was there with my dad earlier this year when Junior hit the extra inning walk-off homer against the Nats. Washington had taken the lead in the top of the inning and people started to head for the exits. My dad hates to ever leave any sporting event early and he passed that trait on to me...much to my wife's dismay. We sat there and poked fun at the folks that were leaving, saying to each other that they'd be sorry. About 15 minutes later, I'm sure that they all were.

That was pretty special considering who hit the homer and who I was there with. It was a very memorable night.

Reggie Jackson 1971 All Star Game.

Willie Mays hit one that was still going up when it went over the screen in leftfield at Crosley.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Johnny Bench's shot to left field on Johnny Bench Night. I was 10 years old at the time and he was far and away my favorite player (definitely still is) and I can still remember being (foolish? naive? innocent?) enough to want to go to the 580 Gift Shop to buy it,since they sold home run balls there (I still have one hit by Ron Oester that we bought there), as if they would ever sell that one.

That was just the most wonderful baseball game I've ever seen, though the Reds lost (4-1, IIRC).

Dunn's grand slam vs. the Tribe is the most special I've seen in person. My dad (who is not a Reds fan) and I both went crazy when he hit that one. The whole city was buzzing the rest of the evening. What a great feeling. It was extra special for me because my dad wasn't suppossed to get into town until midnight but arrived early and got to go to the game with me. Who knew it would be such a great finishe?

Probably the second most exciting I've seen live was Andy Van Slyke's game winner vs. the Expos in the 17th inning when I was a young kid. It was one of my first live games and I'll never forget it. I also enjoyed seeing Jr.'s first homer as a Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader

I was there too. Without a doubt, the best I've seen live due to the circumstances and to top it off, Davis was my favorite player.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Derek Jeter hit his only career grand slam to date in Yankee Stadium on my birthday. And my friends and I, seated in the bleachers right behind it, totally called it beforehand. It was unbelievable.

Icing?

He hit another homer in the ninth inning.

Frosted rose?

The Yankees were playing the Cubs, and beat them 8-1.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Reggie three homers in 1977 WS.

ikkirus

i was there for the 535 foot bomb by Dunn, that was cool. But I can't decide between Dunn's slam or Randa's opening day shot. I went equally nuts for both....but Randa's was on opening day. But then again, what Dunn did has only 5 times in 35 years or more than that...? Either one was spectacular. Being there for both was pretty unbelievable.

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader

Bingo!!!

Best moment I've ever seen live, though was a triple. Name that triple. Yes, you guys know what it was.

Hint: Summer 1984
    Last edited by dabvu2498; 07-12-2006 at 09:22 PM.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?