Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculation: Aurilia to Pads?

Speculation: Aurilia to Pads?

I labeled this as speculation because it's not really even a rumor at this juncture.

Word on the street [or is it the internet? I can't recall] is that the Padres are interested in a veteran third baseman and might be interested in someone like Aurilia. The talk mentioned AA catching prospect George Kottaras as the 'bait' they'd be willing to deal in such a trade. [Note this is not a rumor, just speculation on potential trading partners and the parts being available based on this writers opinions.]

Does anyone here believe Rich could even be shopped based on Narron's man love for him?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Speculation: Aurilia to Pads?

Do the deal now.
    Go Gators!

That would be a deal you would have to make. Kottaras is a stud and it would get Edwin more at bats. I can't wait for the day that Rich is no longer our cleanup hitter.

"Spicy Habanero"

Souns like they need the guy they had last year. Mr. Randa
    "I think everybody here is definitely excited about (Eddie) Guardado. It wasn't a save situation, but when you've lost a couple like we have, it felt like a save situation." -- Reds manager Jerry Narron on using his newly acquired closer Eddie Guardado.

I like the idea of moving aurrilla for one of their relievers alot more. Like linebrink, of course not sure they would be interested in doing any deal like that.

Do that deal very quickly.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    Word on the street [or is it the internet? I can't recall] is that the Padres are interested in a veteran third baseman
    I was just looking at that the other day. The good thing is the Reds have a young kid to man the position and don't lose much by sending the veteran player over to San Diego to play 3rd. The vet should provide the Padres with a good righthanded bat and decent defense at 3rd.

I'm thinking if we offered, we might able to get Travis Chick and Justin Germano for our veteran 3rd baseman. They're both highly regarded prospects in the San Diego system. Should be worth a veteran corner infielder.

But, I might be wrong about that.

Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

So, you trying for a new record in views?

:all_cohol
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Well, Joe Randa = Germano and Eddie Guardado... Will Kevin Towers buy in to another overachieving Reds veteran 3B?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Kottaras for Aurilia? Sign me up.

Kottaras and Votto on the same team? Are the Reds cornering the Market on Canadiens?
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Kottaras for Aurilia? Sign me up.

Kottaras and Votto on the same team? Are the Reds cornering the Market on Canadiens?
    We want the Expos fan base
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    I was just looking at that the other day. The good thing is the Reds have a young kid to man the position and don't lose much by sending the veteran player over to San Diego to play 3rd. The vet should provide the Padres with a good righthanded bat and decent defense at 3rd.

I'm thinking if we offered, we might able to get Travis Chick and Justin Germano for our veteran 3rd baseman. They're both highly regarded prospects in the San Diego system. Should be worth a veteran corner infielder.

But, I might be wrong about that.

I'll bet we could even get Germano and Eddie Guardado.

Wait a minute...
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    We want the Expos fan base
    All 4 of them.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

PLEASE DO THIS!!!!!

Thankfully Narron isn't the GM. Hopefully WK has brains (which he has proved so far). It would make my year if this happened. I don't care who we get back.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    All 4 of them.
    They're hoping for that 5th fan so they can finally take on the Marlins fanbase in a pickup basketball game.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Turn Off Ads?