Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Team Clark and Red Storm?

With appologies to the distaff side of the board.

Rem

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Remdog....

Hey Rem, I was at Laguna Seca for the historics on Sat and Sunday. Maybe you saw me, I was the white guy in the baseball cap.

Sorry to have missed you Rojo. Let's see, were you the 'white guy in the baseball cap' or the 'guy in the white baseball cap'?

I was in the Marriott Newport Coast Villas booth. Sorry I missed you but I think we're doing the race there next month. I'll probably either be there or at the Monterey Jazz Festival the same weekend. I don't have my assignment yet.

Next time, stop by and say hi! Would love to meet a fellow 'zoner' on the left coast.

Rem

Hey Rem, would we have found you in the Bargin Basement section of that store? :angel:
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Hey Rem, would we have found you in the Bargin Basement section of that store?
    Ouch!!

I guess that's better than the 25 cent bin on the sidewalk.

OK, OK, OK...... Let me let you in on something, if you PROMISE not to pass it on. OK? Fine, here it is...

I have requested certain people from around the country to do some SERP undercover operations. If you people keep bringing up that they aren't posting, you are going to blow their cover. If you are at a ballgame and you see a guy that looks like this or this :hat: or has a look of :evilgrin: , just raise your beer and and put on your , so you can look around so no one can see you looking around. When the SERP undercover ops complete their tasks as given, the Reds will be in the playoffs, and the other teams will be scratching their head wondering how they fell off the map.

Oh and rem, I said get to the other players, not be a playa, I need your activity report ASAP, so I can see where we need to go from here. Thanks.
    Last edited by CougarQuest; 08-22-2002 at 07:08 PM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Originally posted by ramp101
    as far as i know it was a go...i dont exactly know the players but brad penny and ty howington were involved...i think florida wanted austin kearns back ....
    This is the first time I've read this thread so sorry that this question comes from the second post but appears on the page 3!

What exactly did you mean by the Marlins wanted Austin Kearns "back"? As the Reds drafted him, to my knowledge the Marlins never had him... or am I totally reading this wrong.

Thanks.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

sorry if i confused you...i meant to say the marlins wanted austin kearns "back" in a trade if penny was involved

Creek:

I may be cheap but I ain't no bargain! :evilgrin:

Rem

Originally posted by remdog
    Creek:

I may be cheap but I ain't no bargain! :evilgrin:

Rem

We're not cheap, Rem. We're reasonably priced.

:hat:
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

True, 62. And housebroken, too!

Rem

Originally posted by Phil in BG
    remdog and Larkin Fan are also AWOL.
    Hey Phil,

Thanks for noticing my absence. I still read the board regularly, but I've pretty much lost my desire to post on a regular basis. I've been dealing with some health issues of late again, so that's definitely been my top priority.

BTW, I just realized that I don't have your e-mail address. So drop me a line, if you'd like. All of us from the CincyTalk family need to stick together and keep in touch.

You know, it's saddening. The majority of my (and so many other posters) favorite posters have either left or hardly post anymore. This includes guys like Redstorm, 62, Spitball, M2, among many others. It's a great loss for this board not to have all of these great contributors contributing on a regular basis.

I'd like to add my support for the missing Team Clark and Redstorm, not to mention all the missing posters Larkin Fan mentioned (and you too Larkin Fan). Team Clark brought the insider's perspective without being condescending or defensive, and seemed to know where to draw the line about releasing information. Redstorm has been my favorite poster all the way back to the days when all we had was the muck of the Enquirer board. He was insightful, he put great thought into his posts, and he would admit when he got it wrong. Truly both Team Clark and Redstorm are class acts. Perhaps we will see them both again in the glory year to come of 2003, with the GAB and a young but hungry team running away with the Central.

This could be the year Phil in BG's Avatar
    I think many of us from the old Enquirer board drew together as a result of all the turmoil there. Those of us that were attacked by Nux especially. Many are missing now due to health reasons or busy schedules.....very understandable. Team Clark and Red Storm, IMO, are missing because of the apparent atack relating to their scoops on possible trades with the Marlins. They didn't do anything wrong other than letting us in on inside information. True, they didn't happen, but there is no doubt there were talks in the works. Most of us would welcome both of you back without any admonition. Hopefully you're just on sabbatical.

Turn Off Ads?