Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 14 Batters 11 Pitchers

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

14 Batters 11 Pitchers

I wonder if Wise heads to AAA While Elizardo comes up from single A. The Reds would have to do some shifting around. This team can't go into the 2nd half with 11 pitchers can they?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 14 Batters 11 Pitchers

They should. I doubt they will.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

If Edwin doesn't start to the next few games, I fear it might be him.

And the sad thing is I am not joking. If Krvisky doesn't want Deno up here because he wouldn't get consistent at bats, why would he want Edwin?

I hope Edwin is starting tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    If Edwin doesn't start to the next few games, I fear it might be him.

And the sad thing is I am not joking. If Krvisky doesn't want Deno up here because he wouldn't get consistent at bats, why would he want Edwin?

I hope Edwin is starting tomorrow.
    :deadhorse
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Why carry 12 pitchers when 3 of them are basically interchangeable "hope and pray" pitchers

Get an extra bat.
    Go Gators!

I don't expect a move until it is EZ's turn to start. Until then, bringing him up accomplishes nothing since he won't pitch anyway.

At that point, the Reds will have a decision to make. Perhaps someone goes on the DL. Or, they drop a pitcher and go with 11 pitchers. Or, they drop a bench player. I'm not sure it would be Wise -- they need extra outfielders, particularly since Freel plays other positions.

Hard to know what they plan. Don't expect EE to go down, but wouldn't be shocked.

I am on record as saying 12 pitchers is too many. (In my opinion, it's two too many, but I am willing to compromise.) My optimum roster would have only 10 pitchers, but I am willing to go with 11. However, the powers that be seem to think that the clubs needs 12 pitchers. I don't see it, especially when one or two of them rarely see action, and a couple more are ineffective when they do pitch.

From what I understand, 12 pitchers is Jerry Narron's preference, and I disagree with him on this. I blame it on Narron's prior experience in the American League. In the AL, you only need 3-4 substitute position players because of the DH rule.

My preferred 25-man roster:
    Starting Lineup (8):
    1B Scott Hatteberg/Rich Aurilia (platoon)
    2B Brandon Phillips
    SS Felipe Lopez
    3B Edwin Encarnacion
    LF Adam Dunn
    CF Ken Griffey, Jr.
    RF Austin Kearns
    C Dave Ross

Bench (6):
    C Jason LaRue
    C Javier Valentin
    INF Rich Aurilia (or 1B Scott Hatteberg)
    INF Juan Castro
    INF/OF Ryan Freel
    OF Dewayne Wise

If Ross goes on the DL, then Chris Denorfia takes his place on the roster.

Rotation (5):
    Aaron Harang
    Bronson Arroyo
    Elizardo Ramirez
    Matt Belisle (It's time to see what he can do)
    Eric Milton (If he continues to struggle, maybe switch him with Claussen)

Bullpen (6):
    Eddie Guardado
    Todd Coffey
    Jason Standridge
    Kent Mercker
    Esteban Yan
    Brandon Claussen

If both Milton and Claussen fail, then Justin Germano and/or Michael Gosling get a shot.
    Last edited by Big Klu; 07-13-2006 at 12:05 AM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Turn Off Ads?