Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three moves I'd explore if I were the Reds GM to rebuild for 2007 and beyond.

Three moves I'd explore if I were the Reds GM to rebuild for 2007 and beyond.

Trade Dunn to Detroit for P Chad Durbin, P Humberto Sanchez and OF Jackson Melian.

The year has picked the Tigers, and the want a LH bat. Make em pay through the nose to get him.

Trade Felipe Lopez to Houston for SS Ben Zorbist and P Chance Douglass.

Trade Bronson Arroyo to Boston for Jon Lester and WMP.

Ok, the last one was kinda in jest, but Arroyo returning home to Boston when their startin pitching is ailing, plus the clubhous boost is worth both WMP and Lester right now.
    Suck it up cupcake.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Three moves I'd explore if I were the Reds GM to rebuild for 2007 and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF

Ok, the last one was kinda in jest, but Arroyo returning home to Boston when their startin pitching is ailing, plus the clubhous boost is worth both WMP and Lester right now.
    Lester isn't going anywhere. He is 4-0 with an ERA just over 3 and 30 K's in 32 innings. He might just be their best pitcher right now (note he is starting the second half tonight) and he is homegrown, which is a dream come true for Boston. This guy is hugely popular in Boston right now.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Re: Three moves I'd explore if I were the Reds GM to rebuild for 2007 and beyond.

True, but he has yet to face the Yankees in a pressure situation. Arroyo has done that. And Boston fans love him too.
    Suck it up cupcake.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Wasn't Zorbist one of the 2 that TB got in the Huff deal yesterday? I am pretty sure he was! Dunn would be hard for me too deal but I do like Sanchez, of course that wouldn't be enough but I don't know enough about the other 2 players to comment.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Doh! didn't check that trade close enough. Someone in TB is paying attention.
    Suck it up cupcake.

TRF, what is it about Jackson Melian that you like? He's already been a Red once and I don't see much encouraging in his offensive stats.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Filler mostly, and org depth. Someone has to play in Chatt until Jay Bruce gets there.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Trade Dunn to Detroit for P Chad Durbin, P Humberto Sanchez and OF Jackson Melian.
    trading Dunn for Humberto Sanchez (Durbin and Melian are way past the prospect stage) is a complete non-starter.

Make em pay through the nose to get him.
    paying through the nose would be Zumaya, Sanchez and a another prospect.
    Last edited by flyer85; 07-13-2006 at 02:17 PM.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Was going by their stats only. Don't know a lot about Durbin other than he has nice numbers this year. And I'd take Zumaya in his place.
    Suck it up cupcake.

My moves to go foreward:

1) Move Milton and as much of his contract as possible for anything you can get.

2) Move JR, his 10/5 rights and contract to a contender for pitching and pay flex.

3) Move Felo for pitching

4) Move AK for pitching

5) Move LaRue and as much of his contract as possible.

Get you farm system as stocked as possible while keeping you ML team out of bad contracts. These are my two fundamentals to organizational success and need to be addressed before we even think about being "contenders".

Don't give up Dunn for organizational filler. You trade Dunn, you better get major stuff back.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Don't give up Dunn for organizational filler. You trade Dunn, you better get major stuff back.
    Sanchez and Zumaya are pretty major. Melian allows the Tigers some roster flexibility to move some guys up, and holds a spot for Jay Bruce, who might just arrive late 2008.
    Suck it up cupcake.

If the Tigers are desperate for a LH bat make it JR, not Dunn.

The year has picked the Tigers, and the want a LH bat. Make em pay through the nose to get him.

Trade Felipe Lopez to Houston for SS Ben Zorbist and P Chance Douglass.

How can you make all these trades without the other teams being part of it ? Don't they have any say in this?
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball
    Lester isn't going anywhere. He is 4-0 with an ERA just over 3 and 30 K's in 32 innings. He might just be their best pitcher right now (note he is starting the second half tonight) and he is homegrown, which is a dream come true for Boston. This guy is hugely popular in Boston right now.
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4208

Francis, Lester and Reyes...

Turn Off Ads?