Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Kearns and Lopez are traded

Re: Kearns and Lopez are traded

When I first saw this thread I thought that Dontrelle HAD to be coming back our way. Either him or someone who is actually good, instead the Reds got CRAP.

I hate this organization.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

2. Turn Off Ads?

My God, we just got scerwed by Jim Bowden.

Knowing the value Kearns and Lopez have, this is a horrible trade no matter what happens with all these guys. The Reds could have gotten a TON more for those two.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Wow...Royce Clayton...

I mean...there's Juan Castro bad at the plate, and then there's Royce Clayton bad at the plate...

Instantly dislike boiling. I need to look at some more numbers.

Frigging figures this would happen when I'm trying to study for the bar.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

wow. A trade with Washington that includes 2 starters AND a young reliever and the Reds DON'T get Jon Rauch.

ouch.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Did bowden just beat us in a trade? What the freaking heck is happening!? This looks ridiculous.

Majewski is a solid pickup. The other arms look average at best and Clayton and Harris are utter crap.
    Last edited by RedsManRick; 07-13-2006 at 03:50 PM.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

That's all we could get for that package of players?

Ehhhhhhhhhh, this ain't good.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

Jim Bowden just bent Krivsky over.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Lopez should have mega-appeal by himself. Package him with Kearns and I was physhed at the potential return we could get.

Then we get this crap.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

I dont know why they would want Clayton when they have Castro, Aurilia and some guys in the minors who could help out.

I guess we're tearing the whole thing apart and starting over again.

Can I return my tickets and cancel my trip to Cincinnati next week. What a joke.

That looks ugly to me. Did we just get fleeced by Bowden? How does that happen?

Do we know absolutely that those are the players?

ahhhhhhh.... I'm hoping that someone forgot to type the "Soriano" part.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I don't think even DanO could have made a worst trade than this one. The Reds traded two productive young players for total CRAP.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

It's on Reds.com now. No joke.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=cin

Print © 2006 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reds get Majewski, Bray, Clayton, Harris, Thompson from Nationals
    07/13/2006 3:35 PM ET
    MLB.com

CINCINNATI -- The Cincinnati Reds today acquired from the Washington Nationals RHP Gary Majewski, LHP Bill Bray, SS Royce Clayton, IF Brendan Harris and RHP Daryl Thompson in exchange for OF Austin Kearns, SS Felipe Lopez and RHP Ryan Wagner.
    Majewski, Clayton and Bray are expected to report to Cincinnati in time for tomorrow's 7:10 p.m. game against the Colorado Rockies. Corresponding roster moves will be announced when they arrive. Harris will report to Class AAA Louisville and Thompson to Sarasota in the Gulf Coast League.

To fill the roster spots of Kearns and Lopez for tonight's game, the Reds have recalled from Louisville OF Chris Denorfia and IF William Bergolla.

Majewski, 26, participated in the World Baseball Classic as a member of Team USA. He has posted a 3.27 ERA with 2 saves in 141 career relief appearances for the Montreal Expos and Nationals. Last season for Washington, Majewski recorded a 2.93 ERA while leading the pitching staff with 79 appearances, a franchise record for a rookie. During the first half of this season he went 3-2 with a 3.58 ERA and begins the second half ranked T5th among all Major League pitchers with 46 games pitched.

Bray, 23, was selected by the Expos with the 13th pick overall of the first round of the 2004 first-year player draft and entered this season already ranked as one of the best prospects in Washington's minor league system. He made his Major League debut this season and has posted a 3.91 ERA in 19 relief appearances. Also this season Bray went 4-1 with a 3.98 ERA and 5 saves in 21 relief appearances at Class AAA New Orleans.

Clayton, a National League All-Star in 1997, entered the 2006 season ranked second among active shortstops in games, starts, innings, total chances, putouts, assists and double plays. In each of those categories he trailed only 10-time Gold Glove Award winner Omar Vizquel. His career fielding percentage of .974 fielding percentage entering this year ranked seventh among all Major League shortstops.

In his career Clayton has a .259 batting average and 223 stolen bases in 1,981 games for the Giants, Cardinals, Rangers, White Sox, Brewers, Rockies, Diamondbacks and Nationals. He has appeared in 13 post-season games. This season for the Nats, Clayton is hitting .269 with 22 doubles and 8 stolen bases in 87 appearances.

Harris, 25, originally was selected by the Chicago White Sox in the fifth round of the 2001 first-year player draft and was sent to the Nationals on July 31, 2004 as part of a 4-team deadline deal that also sent SS Nomar Garciaparra to the Cubs and SS Orlando Cabrera to the Red Sox. This season, he appeared in 17 games for the Nationals and hit .283 with 5 HR and 32 RBI in 59 games for New Orleans.

Thompson, 20, was selected by the Expos in the eighth round of the 2003 first-year player draft and entered this season ranked as Washington's 10th-best minor league prospect. This season for Vermont in the Class A New York-Penn League he went 0-1 with a 6.75 ERA in 4 starts.

Kearns, 26, this season for the Reds hit .274 with 16 HR and 50 RBI in 87 appearances.

Lopez, 26, during the season's first half hit .268 with 9 HR and 30 RBI in 85 games.

Wagner, 23, has spent the entire season in the minor leagues at Louisville, where he has posted a 6.34 ERA in 35 relief appearances.

Denorfia last night played for the International League in the Triple-A All-Star Game in Toledo and went 1-for-3 with 2 runs scored. This season he hit .347 with 14 stolen bases in 70 games for Louisville and has appeared in 7 games during 2 stints with the Reds (4/3-4/8, 5/4-5/10). He was the organization's Minor League Player of the Month for April. Bergolla is hitting .250 with 7 steals in 73 games for the Bats.

This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reds Homepage | MLB.com
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 07-13-2006 at 03:51 PM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?