Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Kearns and Lopez are traded

Re: Kearns and Lopez are traded

You know...i think....it might not be a bad trade.

I would have expected much more for those two, I really would have. But I think it may work out.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan
    Someone say something good, please! .... please???
    The greatest baseball player ever is coming up from Louisville.

I want Dan O back
    Go Gators!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I want Dan O back
    I want Jim Bowden back.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

This trade may have saved Bowden's career.

Bowden is laughing his butt off at this deal, he can now flip Lopez or Keanrs for more then he gave us for both.
    Go Gators!

Well Majewski and Bray are going to help the bullpen out. Deno and Edwin are going to be playing everyday, Phillips is going to to short.

Our lineup is going to look wierd.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Bill Bray- drafted in the 1st round of 2004 out of W&Mary... has a nasty fastball in the lower 90s, and 81-84mph slider(inconsistent)... he is good against lefties and righties... success from college hadnt translated above A ball yet as he was 1-0 with a 6.35 in AA last year and 1-4 with a 5.06 in AAA.... he is 1-1 with a 3.91era and 1.43 whip for the Nats in 2006

Gary Majewski- this will be his 5th major league team, strong fastball in lower 90s but can hit 96mph... 82-86mph slider is his out pitch... has a changeup, afraid to use it... and i think he may have been on team USA in the classic this year

Brendan Harris- the one time answer at 3b for the Cubs he is almost 26 years old and is still making trips from AAA to the majors and vice versa... has solid gap power and can hit the occasional homerun, shoud be a good utility man, and could challenge for a starting spot

Daryl Thompson- low 90s fastball, 11-5 curball, improving changeup...still just 20... could be in the rotation as early as 2008... currently in short season A ball, recovering from minor arm surgery

hope that helps
    woo woo woo, you know it

Can somebody link me to 1350 homer's site so I can listen???
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    That's all we could get for that package of players?

Ehhhhhhhhhh, this ain't good.
    Unfortunately I thought Lopez had little trade value as most teams would not even consider using him as an everyday SS. I posted earlier today that I though Washington was probably the only team in the majors that would make him their everyday SS. By almost any measure he is a poor fielder with no range.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Christ. Royce frigging Clayton.
    Most likely a last minute dangle to be the SS the rest of the year, then Phillips goes to SS and Harris 2nd.

In two years Lopez will be expensive and not playing SS. Maybe one year too soon... but better than a year too late (Like with Kearns eh?)

Quote Originally Posted by ramp101
    Bill Bray- drafted in the 1st round of 2004 out of W&Mary... has a nasty fastball in the lower 90s, and 81-84mph slider(inconsistent)... he is good against lefties and righties... success from college hadnt translated above A ball yet as he was 1-0 with a 6.35 in AA last year and 1-4 with a 5.06 in AAA.... he is 1-1 with a 3.91era and 1.43 whip for the Nats in 2006

Gary Majewski- this will be his 5th major league team, strong fastball in lower 90s but can hit 96mph... 82-86mph slider is his out pitch... has a changeup, afraid to use it... and i think he may have been on team USA in the classic this year

Brendan Harris- the one time answer at 3b for the Cubs he is almost 26 years old and is still making trips from AAA to the majors and vice versa... has solid gap power and can hit the occasional homerun, shoud be a good utility man, and could challenge for a starting spot

Daryl Thompson- low 90s fastball, 11-5 curball, improving changeup...still just 20... could be in the rotation as early as 2008... currently in short season A ball, recovering from minor arm surgery

hope that helps
    thanks Ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Can somebody link me to 1350 homer's site so I can listen???
    http://www.1530homer.com/main.html

I would like to point out that any trade involving Royce Clayton is NOT on par with the A-Rod deal.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    Thanks

Turn Off Ads?