Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162

Thread: Kearns and Lopez are traded

Re: Kearns and Lopez are traded

They both did pretty well in the Nats win tonight:

Kearns 1-2 with 2 walks
    Lopez 1-4 with 1 RBI
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis
    Say the deal had been just Kearns/Wagner for Brey,Maj,Harris and Thompson?

You know what, that deal doesn't bother me a whole lot. Kearns(Wagner) have some major issues and the Reds get some bullpen arms young with enough upside that make me believe they could be good cogs for the next couple of years and some throw ins.

But we essentially swapped Lopez for Clayton. That is a poor job. Maybe Krivsky's real first poor job on a trade. Lopez is a REALLY streaky hitter. He can light it up at one moment, the next a nuclear winter. Maybe he is just having a ho hum year, with a better chance of rebound next year. Krivsky simply had to get something better for Felipe, even if he didn't believe the guy was part of our future due to subpar defense. He simply had to. Mercy Wayne.
    But you can't break down a multi-player deal in this manner. I could just as easily say that the deal is Wagner (throw-in) for Clayton, Harris and Thompson (throw-ins), while Kearns and Lopez (major leaguers) were dealt for Majewski and Bray (major leaguers). Or we could make some other arbitrary split of which player was dealt for the other.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

You know what, that deal doesn't bother me a whole lot. Kearns(Wagner) have some major issues and the Reds get some bullpen arms young with enough upside that make me believe they could be good cogs for the next couple of years and some throw ins.

But we essentially swapped Lopez for Clayton. That is a poor job. Maybe Krivsky's real first poor job on a trade. Lopez is a REALLY streaky hitter. He can light it up at one moment, the next a nuclear winter. Maybe he is just having a ho hum year, with a better chance of rebound next year. Krivsky simply had to get something better for Felipe, even if he didn't believe the guy was part of our future due to subpar defense. He simply had to. Mercy Wayne.
    kearns isn't worth all those guys.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

So you are saying Lopez for Royce Clayton straight up was part of the deal? Shame on WK if that is the case.

I have one thought. It isn't one trade that makes a GM but the body of his work. Arroyo, Phillips, Ross, Guardado, several dfa's of players that weren't producing,Bray/Majewski/Thomson/Harris/Clayton, Krivsky is quickly and surely putting his own stamp on this team decisively and boldly. Personally I suspect this trade will tilt in the Nats favor long term but not as acutely as some have ranted. I'm not going to indict Krivsky on any one trade but how his overall maneuvering affects the Reds chances. So far, I have to grade him pretty highly. Joe Mays is his biggest misjudgement but easy to fix. Other small but important things like keeping Jason Standridge - seeing his ability when it wouldn't have raised any eyebrows to just cut him outright tell me Krivsky knows talent. Give him a bit of time and a bit of leeway. The Reds finally FINALLY have a real baseball oriented owner and a GM who knows what he is about. This season has been fun, unexpected and I'm so looking forward to the next few years!

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    kearns isn't worth all those guys.
    Exactly, which is why Bowden wanted Lopez, but Felipe turns the value the otherway when you include him over someone else with less value but made a square deal. Krivsky was so desperate and cared for Lopez's defense so little, he just threw him in IMO. His weak moment as GM thus far.

That article highlights the reason Kearns was so tradeable in the first place - spoiled, soft, whiny, and not very motivated.

Maybe he can meet David Klinger for lunch in his pick-up next week.

Just a little over a week to go before the trade deadline. If Krivsky can't upgrade the #5 spot then this trade will look even worse this off season(and thats saying something as far as I'm concerned).

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Exactly, which is why Bowden wanted Lopez, but Felipe turns the value the otherway when you include him over someone else with less value but made a square deal. Krivsky was so desperate and cared for Lopez's defense so little, he just threw him in IMO. His weak moment as GM thus far.
    Adding an arm and a leg to that strawman now?
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Turn Off Ads?