Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And yet another Bengal has been arrested

Retired

And yet another Bengal has been arrested

http://www.700wlw.com/pages/localNew...article=595460

This is getting to be ridiculous.

I’m a Marvin supporter, but the number of incidents this off season is unacceptable.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: And yet another Bengal has been arrested

I would say Matthias Askew is gone.

He never did anything to contribute anyway.

The Buckeye Bomber

Wow. How many is that this offseason?

This team is completely out of control, Marvin and company need to weed out these troublemakers before they bring down the entire team. I'd cut everyone other than Thurman and I'd even put him on a short leash.

This one bothers me the least of any of the arrests, it's just someone being a knucklehead. That said, his lack of production makes it easy for the team to use him as an example and dump him. Mattias Askew, meet Josh Hancock.

This situation with the Bengals went far past rediculous long, long ago.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Granted the troubles that some of these guys have gotten into occurred before they became Bengals, you have to wonder how long until all the goodwill Marvin Lewis has built up in the community is squandered because of character issue guys giving the Bengals a bad name. People seem to be focusing on the bad eggs rather than the good character guys like Carson Palmer and David Pollack. The talk isn't about how well the team did last season and where it looks to go, but who's next to be arrested.

Then again, the Bearcats have had their share of character issues, haven't they? If Marvin wins, I guess people will be willing to overlook it.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

For someone with a reputation as being a defensive genius and hard-nosed coach, Lewis seems to be heading up a pretty lousy defensive squad who can't stay out of trouble.

I think Marvin is becoming Brian Billick's alter ego. Billick made his name as an offensive genius and then put together a team with a putrid offense and incredible defense. Lewis seems to be doing the same in reverse.

becoming the FsU of the nFL

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by larks
    becoming the FsU of the nFL
    I was going to go with Portland Trail Blazers, but that'll work nicely as well.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

IMO..... the reason, besides the obvious talent, that Offense is always king in cincy when they have good teams, even in the middle 70's with Anderson to Curtis/Joiner/Myers....... is that MB will pay big time for skill players like WR, RB and of course a QB (which you have to pay)...... but he seems to have a distaste for paying a CB or S top notch money. Let alone a DE that can rush the passer or a DT that can really help the run. They signed Adams, i know, but they usually pass on better, i.e. expensive, DL.

As far as the Gangsters and Thugs drama...... it is getting out of hand.
    I wonder if some of these guys feel it would be better to lock themselves in a closet until training camp.

It's getting out of hand. My hope is that once the team starts camp, these guys start to get weeded out.

Make it so, Marvin. :fineprint

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    Granted the troubles that some of these guys have gotten into occurred before they became Bengals, you have to wonder how long until all the goodwill Marvin Lewis has built up in the community is squandered because of character issue guys giving the Bengals a bad name. People seem to be focusing on the bad eggs rather than the good character guys like Carson Palmer and David Pollack. The talk isn't about how well the team did last season and where it looks to go, but who's next to be arrested.

Then again, the Bearcats have had their share of character issues, haven't they? If Marvin wins, I guess people will be willing to overlook it.
    No, some of us realize who the responsibility parties are (the players) and that the media and fans like to wag their hypocritical, self-righteous fingers at Marvin.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Its getting embarrasing IMO. Cutting this Askew guy just because he is not an important member of the team sends the wrong message. The message it sends is you can be a knucklehead if your a starter but if your a knucklehead and a backup see you later. Marvin really needs to kiabosh all of this or the Bengals will again become a laughing stock.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?