Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Encarnacion's Plate Discipline

Hybrid View

Encarnacion's Plate Discipline

This kid still impresses me every game with his, dare I say, "professional at-bats." He was down in the count 0-2 today in the 7th inning with 2 outs, battled back and fouled off a few pitches. Got the count full and eventually lined a single to center. That continued the inning for LaRue who singled and then Juan Castro probably provided us with our Frische's Big Boy, Big Play of the Game. That AB was crucial to continue the inning.

I know Marty has mentioned many times that EdE has had some great AB's this year, and I can't agree more. His maturity at the plate is light years above last year. After last year I thought he was like a Wily Mo, where he just swung at bad curves and sliders and could hit fastballs. This kid is gonna be good!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Encarnacion's growth

The title of this thread sounds cancerous...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    The title of this thread sounds cancerous...

There we go

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    There we go
    I liked the old title better

Re: Encarnacion's Plate Discipline

I agree 100%. 2 for 3 with a walk, RBI, and a great defensive play hopefully means he plays tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44

I agree 100%. 2 for 3 with a walk, RBI, and a great defensive play hopefully means he plays tomorrow.
    Yeah, I forgot about the diving catch.

Don't get your hopes up with him playing, Rich brings veteran AB's, something EdE can't do.

Plate discipline.

Ain't nothin' wrong with plate discipline.

Eddie's shown some really outstanding plate appearances this season, just as Aves pointed out. I love watching his approach each night; he's one of the guys that you can literally see growing before your eyes.

Play him every day. Let him learn, let him develop. He's got enormous potential to be a special, special player.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    This kid still impresses me every game with his, dare I say, "professional at-bats." He was down in the count 0-2 today in the 7th inning with 2 outs, battled back and fouled off a few pitches. Got the count full and eventually lined a single to center. That continued the inning for LaRue who singled and then Juan Castro probably provided us with our Frische's Big Boy, Big Play of the Game. That AB was crucial to continue the inning.

I know Marty has mentioned many times that EdE has had some great AB's this year, and I can't agree more. His maturity at the plate is light years above last year. After last year I thought he was like a Wily Mo, where he just swung at bad curves and sliders and could hit fastballs. This kid is gonna be good!
    I've been thinking the same thing all year but you said it better than I could. Agree 100%.

This kid is advanced for his age and will be a star. Great range, great arm, just gets wild due to bad footwork most times. Thats easy to fix.

Turn Off Ads?